CADPLAN 821 Digger

/ CADPLAN 821 Digger #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Has anyone ever built one of these things and /or seen one in operation. I have ordered a set of plans with a friend of mine and we hope to share the end product. We would be really interested in any tips or ideas about enhancements that anyone may have done - such as hydraulic stabilizers.
Would you recommend the kit or get materials locally? etc.
Thanks.
Bob

/ CADPLAN 821 Digger #2  
Well, I searched for it on Google, and can't find any references. Do you have link? I have never heard of it...

Regards,

Steve

/ CADPLAN 821 Digger #4  
Do a search on TBN. There was a fellow who built one using CAD Plans, but I don't recall which model.
You might also want to check Compact Tractor Board(use this link <A target="_blank" HREF=http://jplan.com>http://jplan.com</A>)

/ CADPLAN 821 Digger #5  
No, but <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/brutusbackhoe/>here's a link to a guy that built a model 708</A>. VERY NICE WEBSITE. Lots of pictures and he even lists some mistakes.

/ CADPLAN 821 Digger #6  
Well I've built a model 508 and bought the entire kit from MetKit. I've done a lot of other custom work like building loaders, etc. and found that their prices for the materials are hard to beat even with the shipping. I would recommend getting the hydraulic kit as well, as it will save you a lot of running around for hoses, fittings, etc. and their price on that was good too. The MetKit flame cut pieces are very nice and the diggers are very easy to weld up.

/ CADPLAN 821 Digger #7  
I also built a 508 CADDigger last year. The CADplans designs are relatively simple to build. The details of the design were well thought out. I bought all the metal from MetKit (I live within driving distance so shipping was not an issue). Depending on your tools and capabilities I would definetly recommend purchasing the parts with 1" and larger holes. They're a real pain to drill/cut. I bought my hydraulics from "The Surplus Center" in Lincoln NE.

I also added hydraulic stabilizers of my own design.

jdb

/ CADPLAN 821 Digger
Hi ToyBuilder
Thanks for the reply. My buddy has the metal skills (and tools) to do all that work. I may have made the mistake of looking at the description of the 841 model that has Hydraulic stabilizers, hydraulic drive for two wheels and, the featire we thought was most useful, a split hydraulic so we could have power to dig and lift at the same time.
Do you have any plans and/or photos you would be willing to share on your stabilizers? Did you increase the Hydraulic Pump capacity?

Info on the 841 model indicates that the pump should be 16GPM (versus 6GPM) to run the additional demand of split hydraulics so we are trying to find pumps and controlds that do not break the bank on this project. Do you know if The Surplus Store in NE has a web site? A catalogue? Do they do mail order?
Thanks for any information you may provide.
Bob

/ CADPLAN 821 Digger #9  
Hello. If you are in need of the hydraulics for this backhoe please e-mail me. I stock a great deal of cylinders, valves, hoses,fittings for the backhoe's. Email me at HDYLMNOW@AOL>COM