Buying at a farm show v. on the lot.

/ Buying at a farm show v. on the lot. #1  

Ben7

Tractor
Kubota
Thinking about going to The Raleigh Farm Show on Friday. Can you get a better price if you buy at the show v. buying on the lot?

/ Buying at a farm show v. on the lot. #2  
I have bought smalls at the shows for a discount. Never had any luck trying to deal on anything like a planter, tractor or tillage equipment. Most of those if demoed by Mfg. want the local dealer to get the retail sale.

/ Buying at a farm show v. on the lot. #3  
I have bought smalls at the shows for a discount. Never had any luck trying to deal on anything like a planter, tractor or tillage equipment. Most of those if demoed by Mfg. want the local dealer to get the retail sale.

You will find your best buys on the last day of the show. Dealers/manufacturers had rather not pay shipping to take the equipment back home with them. Ken Sweet

/ Buying at a farm show v. on the lot. #4  
You will find your best buys on the last day of the show. Dealers/manufacturers had rather not pay shipping to take the equipment back home with them. Ken Sweet

That's true... after everyone has picked through what's on offer and the 'best buys' are what's left.

I'm a first day of the show kinda bloke, usually queuing up as the gates are opening. At last years Field Day (Agfest) I saw two tractors (different colours!) with SOLD signs on them within hours of the show starting.

Mind you, that could be a sales tactic... selling a few early might say to the potential tyre-kicker that a bargain is to be had. I do know that the sale at the JD 'site' was fair dinkum.