bumps on driveway after snowblowing

/ bumps on driveway after snowblowing #1  

MinnesotaMorg

Silver Member
Tractor
Deutz Fahr 6130ttv
Hey all,

I just snowblowed the driveway with CTL and blower. I drove over it and I have seemed to create perfect speed bumps the entire length of the driveway. I honestly don't think I could re-create this if I tried, but sadly its really obnoxious to drive over and in the tractor it basically bounces you out of the seat.

Does anyone have any idea what would have caused this while snowblowing? For reference I packed down the first 3 inches of snow that fell and then just used the blower for the first time on an 8 inch snowfall we got.

/ bumps on driveway after snowblowing #2  
I imagine it is like running a blade, if you get a bump, the tires following it creates another one several feet in front of it. Probably don't have any kind of draft control, so........ you will probably have to slowly kill one raising and lowering the tool. If you can get an area at grade you can eventually leave the implement steady. It takes time and touch, but, you can get it.

Best,

ed

/ bumps on driveway after snowblowing #3  
Did you have the CTL boom in float while blowing? If not could the hard ground track bounce have been amplified out to the blower?

Last edited:
   / bumps on driveway after snowblowing #4  
Was it fluffy or wet heavy snow?

/ bumps on driveway after snowblowing #5  
Blow the snow beside the driveway, not back on itself. If you recycle the snow to remove it to the end of the driveway it will compact into clumps creating your speed bumps. Blow it downwind and away to the neighbors….😉

/ bumps on driveway after snowblowing
I blew it all to the south side of my driveway. I guess I was going too fast and like dirt said there was probably one bump and as my tracks go over that bump it created another lol.

It was wet heavy snow.

/ bumps on driveway after snowblowing #7  
I have 4 link vbar chains and if I try to go too fast I can get ripples that match the 4 link pattern.