Brought 57 cub home today

/ Brought 57 cub home today #91  
We have good friends that live in West Islip on the island. Just getting there is something we don't enjoy at all. Used to deliver steel there as well. Dsus Fasteners used to be there. They make specialty half turn fasteners, Probably are long gone by now.

I find once you cross the GW it's like another world.

/ Brought 57 cub home today
My reference to a heated cab was when using a blower, not a plow blade actually. Nice Cub. Reminds me of my very first tractor which was a '49 A dual fuel offset. Long gone to a new home. I believe it's now a parade tractor.
I definitely see where a cab would be nice for a blower. I never cared for blower because it only seems like they work good when it’s real cold and the snow is light and fluffy. In recent years, it seems like the wet, slushy snow is getting more and more common here in upstate western NY.

The blower’s are also nice in places where space is limited and snow must be piled high around driveways. I’ve got close to 30 acres of cleared land, so there is plenty of room to stack snow, when necessary.

Some years, when we’ve had multiple blizzards, I’ve hauled big piles of snow out into the fields with my loader tractor. This certainly wasn’t one of those, and the piles at the ends of the driveways never got more than 3 ft high, before they melted. It was an almost perfect winter for the Cub. We only had two snowfalls of over a foot, when I used my larger tractor.

/ Brought 57 cub home today #93  
Blowers will blow wet slushy snow just fine but that requires way more grunt than your little Cub could ever make. Heck, I can even blow cinder blocks but they do cause the blower to jump around a bit...lol

Have not mounted the blower in the last 5 years actually, not enough snow but I do put my blade on and plow it when necessary. My plow is a bit larger than yours is, but then so is my tractor...

Attachments

• 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
   / Brought 57 cub home today #94  
I once bought what I was told was a two disc rear mounted plow for a Cub, at an auction. Not having a Cub, I marked it up and advertised it as such. Few, if any people were interested in the two disc rear mounted plow, but, I had several inquiries as to whether it was a one disc belly mounted model. They kept telling me what a good job the belly plow did.
The first attachment must be the one 2 disc I had.
This must be the one the people wanted and now, I see why.
I'm amazed how well that disc plow works in the black slabby ground and clay also. I was always led to believe they were mainly for sandy bottom ground. A 2 bottom like that would look great behind my 130 or 140 w/FH. Our tractor club has plowing says in the Fall, one of those would be a great addition to my collection.

/ Brought 57 cub home today #95  
I'm amazed how well that disc plow works in the black slabby ground and clay also. I was always led to believe they were mainly for sandy bottom ground. A 2 bottom like that would look great behind my 130 or 140 w/FH. Our tractor club has plowing says in the Fall, one of those would be a great addition to my collection.
It was over thirty years ago when I had that plow. If cub owners preferences are like they were then you might be able to get a two disc at a low price. The belly plow will be more dear. I hope you find one.

/ Brought 57 cub home today #96  
It was over thirty years ago when I had that plow. If cub owners preferences are like they were then you might be able to get a two disc at a low price. The belly plow will be more dear. I hope you find one.
I just happen to have the belly plow for one in the barn of all things.