Broken gc1720 transmission filter

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #21  
   / Broken gc1720 transmission filter #22  
Well still kicking my rear..

The Kubota fitting is an m18x1.5 on the filter side. The other side is not and appears to be a m20x1.5. I am a little Leary to drill and tap to that size as the wall thickness of the remaining part would be questionable.

So does anyone know where to order a m18x 1.5 threaded rod that痴 hollow that I can cut and install. Also any suggestion on aluminum or stainless for rod material? I don稚 think it will matter but figured I would ask. Hole is drilled and tapped now just need a junction.

I suppose you could in theory, cut the Kubota part in half, and weld a different size nipple on the housing end?

Or, even buy a second one, cut it, and make a double m18x1.5?

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #23  
If it comes to splicing 2 different adaptors, it can be done by someone who has a lathe and knowledge of “silver-solder” techniques.
Saw off the desired parts, face off accurately in a lathe and join the 2 halves into one, using true silver bearing filler, not
“Silver-colored” lead solder.
I have done it numerous times, in very demanding situations, including heavy rotational torque. No failures yet, after 30 years or more of doing this.
Works for odd hydraulic threads also.
The adaptor could also be made from scratch on a lathe that has metric capability but alas, my old Sheldon in not in that category.
If push comes to shove, mail them to me in a well padded envelope. I’ll get you fixed up. Reasonable.

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter
Thanks. I ordered a Wix that fits the Kubota. If the seal area matches hopefully that settles it. I’ll just have to remember going forward that I am not using the same filter. If it doesn’t match I’ll IM you.

Also will be ordering the plate from gefastet after I verify this fix. It has been a royal pain in the rear and I am not doing this again if I can help it.

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #25  
   / Broken gc1720 transmission filter #26  
can you post a link for that? cannot seem to find it. I do lot of treeline work that would help a lot.

edit: is it this?
Purchase | RetailRems
need one for GC2400 not sure 17x series is same.

Yes the is the link Purchase | RetailRems

This is a tractor owner Rick that modified my Sentinel to work with a GTC 2400. Sentinel Guard Installation - YouTube
He sent me the measurements so I could come out with one.
It will require you to drill your U bracket like he did two holes.
But it will be adjusted to fit better. I need two people interested to make this. It will be the same price as the current ones.
I have one other person interested.
If you are interested, I will put it in the product development queue.
I mocked up a picture of the parts you would receive but they will have the changes Rick made done to them.
My step also fits GC2400 Rick has one on his tractor.
2610.JPG
V3_1.JPG

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #27  
Yes the is the link Purchase | RetailRems

This is a tractor owner Rick that modified my Sentinel to work with a GTC 2400. Sentinel Guard Installation - YouTube
He sent me the measurements so I could come out with one.
It will require you to drill your U bracket like he did two holes.
But it will be adjusted to fit better. I need two people interested to make this. It will be the same price as the current ones.
I have one other person interested.
If you are interested, I will put it in the product development queue.
I mocked up a picture of the parts you would receive but they will have the changes Rick made done to them.
My step also fits GC2400 Rick has one on his tractor.
View attachment 672174
View attachment 672173

it would be a bit before I would need it, like really next spring since my fall stuff done for most part. so I could not honestly commit. will watch that vid thanks.

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #28  
it would be a bit before I would need it, like really next spring since my fall stuff done for most part. so I could not honestly commit. will watch that vid thanks.

That is ok, thanks for your interest.
I may get someone else. If I do get another person that wants it I will let you know it is available.

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #29  
That is ok, thanks for your interest.
I may get someone else. If I do get another person that wants it I will let you know it is available.
I appreciate your trying this

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter
Ok update on my saga.

Yes I will be ordering a sentinel and have told my dealer I’ll send him Gofasts link.

Drilled, tapped, put on the filter. Filter popped off like a pop gun pulling out the nipple and threads with it.

So I decided before I really broke something in the hydro to send to my dealer and claim it on my insurance. Insurance is still processing so I am out that money but hopeful they will pay.

Backe to the tractor though. Dealer took it said give me a week. Yeah that turned into three weeks. He told me when I picked it up it actually had an AGCO quote put in, they replaced the front cover and it still popped filters off like pop guns. AGCO had him reverse pressure the system. At some point either during the break or my repair a small port must have gotten clogged and the filter was pressurizing. Dealer said he had 50 hrs in the repair. He charged me 10, he still wasn’t sure if it was my drill and tap or a piece when it snapped.

Long story short get a sentinel that mower deck ain’t going back on till I get mine installed.