Broken gc1720 transmission filter

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #41  
I just broke the fluid filter off today on my Massey GC2300.. at first I accepted the fact that I'll have to replace the front cover to the transmission..but after some research I have discovered this pipe nipple fix! I am going to look into this further. If I can cut the existing nipple off flush and tap for the new Kubota nipple part: 15241-32290.. I hope this avenue works for me... If anyone with a GC2300 could chime in and let me know how this fix went for them? View attachment 720068
Thanks. Yes, we have previously seen, and discussed the Kubota repair kit here.

Good luck with your repair, let us know how it goes.

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #42  
Thanks. Yes, we have previously seen, and discussed the Kubota repair kit here.

Good luck with your repair, let us know how it goes.
Will update after repair attempt..
I purchased the sentinel skid plate and rescue kit together from GoFast.. total Canadian dollars price was $380 shipped and the price of a new front case would have been $750 CAD plus shipping. This option adds a extra layer of protection, and is less labor intensive. Will provide update when I'm done. Cheers.

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #43  
OK, so finally getting to providing an update on how things went for me...

My package from GoFast was delayed because of the mudslides in the southern part of the province (I live in the North). The great packaging job must be recognized, everything showed up nice and sound. High quality parts.
I cut with a 4inch angle grinder and zip disk the broken nipple off. When I did this I had knicked the smooth machined surface where the oil filters O ring seals.. Had to fill with JB weld, cured, then sanded smooth. (A little bit of THD fluid while sanding creates a very very smooth final product, I sanded with 180 Grit)
Drilled and tapped the hole, about an inch into the transmission housing. Coated the drill bit with grease, I would wipe off the shavings and grease and apply new grease every few turns.
I had installed the rescue kit nipple and not knowing that it was supposed to seated flush with the transmission, I put filter on and fired up tractor. Everything seemed fine for a couple hours, then eventually it started spewing fluid from behind the filter.
I had to cut a couple threads off the part going into the transmission body off of the nipple.
Re installed nipple, fired up and good to go.
Much thanks to GoFast, he was very helpful through out the whole process and was very easy to communicate with!
First picture is how it looked before cutting off a bit of the end of the nipple, and before Jb Welding the damaged part.
Second picture is final product.
MasseyFergRepairBefore.jpg

MasseyFergRepair.jpg

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #44  
Well, I certainly hope this never happens to me - I have also had confusion as to whether the front PTO shaft was properly latched, so I know it's a thing. I always (well after I learned what to listen/feel for) make sure the collar is resting and the latch is solid before moving on. But if it ever does happen, reviewing your case sure helps to know of a workable solution. Do you think the longer nipple was the difference b/w the kubota and MF cases?

In any event, good save!

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #45  
The rescue kit now comes with a shortened adapter.

When someone orders the rescue kit that has a Massey Ferguson tractor. I shorten the nipple now before I send it out.

This will make the install simpler to do.

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #46  
I just registered to say that I ordered the Rescue kit and the Sentinel skid plate, and it looks like an incredible value. I was not expecting the attention to detail with the well packed quality parts, the included instructions, and even a finger wrench for snugging up the nylock nuts. I am very happy with the purchase, and look forward to installing it this weekend to repair my dad's tractor that I broke like a fool.
We just got a snow and rain storm here, and I was very glad the box was almost fully wrapped in packing tape. After a few hours sitting on my porch everything was nice and dry on the inside.

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #47  
I just registered to say that I ordered the Rescue kit and the Sentinel skid plate, and it looks like an incredible value. I was not expecting the attention to detail with the well packed quality parts, the included instructions, and even a finger wrench for snugging up the nylock nuts. I am very happy with the purchase, and look forward to installing it this weekend to repair my dad's tractor that I broke like a fool.
We just got a snow and rain storm here, and I was very glad the box was almost fully wrapped in packing tape. After a few hours sitting on my porch everything was nice and dry on the inside.

Any update. Did you get the repair completed? Any tips?

/ Broken gc1720 transmission filter #48  
Here is my fix after I broke mine in a stupid moment.

Stupid gets rewarded.