Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter

/ Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter
So how do you keep the SSQA adapter from popping out?

I put a 3/8 plate at the base which gives me about 60 thousands clearance between the SSQA and the female. My tapered pin is through the female with about 3/4 inch protruding. I put down pressure that was not enough to raise the tires and both of the SSQA adapters popped out from the bottom. The handle didn't release so I presume the tapered pin overcame the spring pressure.

Not good, I can't trust this SSQA connector. Maybe the full tapered pin must protrude to the point past the round rod? I checked online for SSQA failures as previously mentioned, but didnt find much. I might just go back to the Branson/Ansung type mount if there are no satisfactory choices to lock the SSQA in.

Last edited:
   / Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter #22  
The handle didn't release so I presume the tapered pin overcame the spring pressure.
The pin needs to go over center:

Over Center Stop.jpg

And have a stop block to prevent the pin from raising when the handles are down:

kevinj stop block 558.jpg

I installed a stop block and now the pin is positively fixed into the blank tang. Thank you.

/ Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter #25  
Well I finally got my grapple running. I like it and I am learning how to use it. It does seem like every other tool has its specific use, I think I will need a clamshell type as now I do see the benefits of the short tines. This grapple does grab a disorderly load of several 10 inch limbs, not pictured.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714_210512_Blink.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714_210512_Blink.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20230716_205602_Blink.jpg
    Screenshot_20230716_205602_Blink.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 51
Since installing my locking pin stops, there has been no movement. I painted the pins/stops white for easy viewing that they are locked. The handles position does indicate the locked status but for now I want to see it.

I gave the SSQA a real workout yesterday loading decaying matter from the floor of the woods and lifting the tractor while getting a load. I am feeling more confident about the ssqa system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806_070501_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_070501_Gallery.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 54
Since installing my locking pin stops, there has been no movement. I painted the pins/stops white for easy viewing that they are locked. The handles position does indicate the locked status but for now I want to see it.

I gave the SSQA a real workout yesterday loading decaying matter from the floor of the woods and lifting the tractor while getting a load. I am feeling more confident about the ssqa system.
I never included photo of my 3rd/4th function in this thread. I plan on 90's where the straight connectors are.
16907194125423561248575426243119 (1).jpg