Brakes locking up GC2400

/ Brakes locking up GC2400 #11  
I find it strange that you would use the left brake pedal during normal operation. Normally it is only used to set the parking brake. If you are using it in conjunction with the right hydro pedals, you are creating a lot of resistance for the hydro, producing extra heat. If the tractor hydraulic fluid isn't of suitable quality it will quickly overheat, resulting in lots of issues as the oil thins out.
That being said, grease your linkages on the hydro pedals, ensure they move smoothly. Check linkages for brakes and hydro, ensure they are not bent or binding.
Stop Leak works by causing seals to swell. OK for a simple hydraulic system or manual transmission , maybe not the best for a hydrostatic drive

I use brake often when snow blowing few inches from a vehicle or house. also use it when hauling trailers around, letting off directional pedal going down hill with heavy trailer (as in like 38 bales of hay in a trailer on steep hill) ain't gonna stop you.

/ Brakes locking up GC2400
Hey bought this today should be the same as OEM 20w 40.
I'll change it on the weekend all 11 litres .
Also I have backed off the brake adjusters.
While it up on jacks I will lube everything and see how it goes.
Thanks to everyone for your help and advise I really appreciate it .

Attachments

• 20230118_165336.jpg
    20230118_165336.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
   / Brakes locking up GC2400 #13  
don't have info on hand right now, crap going on cannot dig into the gc2400 actual service manual, but there is a figure on spring coil gaps on the return spring on pedal to see if worn.
reason I mention this is cause a bad return spring often causes people to stupidly adjust rods and that drives a wet brake repair.
all for a 20$ spring.
been there done that.
750$ repair bill on a 2015 GC1710 (275 hrs on it then) in 2017. glad it wasn't my tractor, I just dealt with it all.

Last edited:
   / Brakes locking up GC2400 #14  
don't have info on hand right now, crap going on cannot dig into the gc2400 actual service manual, but there is a figure on spring coil gaps on the return spring on pedal to see if worn.
reason I mention this is cause a bad return spring often causes people to stupidly adjust rods and that drives a wet brake repair.
all for a 20$ spring.
been there done that.
750$ repair bill on a 2015 GC1710 (275 hrs on it then) in 2017. glad it wasn't my tractor, I just dealt with it all.
I can't find anything in my books (GC1725) about that spring. Would like to see if if you find the time.

/ Brakes locking up GC2400 #15  
For what it may be worth..... This is for GC 17XX series which seems to be about same as GC24xx series....

Screenshot 2023-01-18 080852.jpg

Not mention of spring in my manual other than brake parts diagram shows it does exist....

/ Brakes locking up GC2400 #16  
For what it may be worth..... This is for GC 17XX series which seems to be about same as GC24xx series....

View attachment 779760

Not mention of spring in my manual other than brake parts diagram shows it does exist....
on 2400 correct free play on pedal is 20-30mm

1674060653938.png
1674060653938.png
cant find spring info, may have been dealer telling me what to look for. but if you can manipulate spring easily one handed...its worn

/ Brakes locking up GC2400
Hey thanks for everyone's advise , I think I know why.
Did for Hyd oil change and filter and also pulled out the intake filter which broke while pulling it out, broke because the inner oring jamed it in.
Anyway was looking at my service book this arvo and is said the last hydr oil change was at 250hrs and now it has 724hrs. Maybe I didn't record the last change but everything is easy to use that tells me that old oil was worn out.
Hopefully after abit of driving around the brakes will be perfect.
Another question besides keeping the deck clean how can you stop it from rusting?
Someone must have a trick?