Brain Tumor

/ Brain Tumor #91  
Yeah I had a pretty tough time of things for awhile there.

There was the bout with cancer, then I was so fatigued I could no longer farm, so I had a guy come in and cut my woodlot off to pay the property taxes. He ended up stealing all my wood (72 truckloads) so I ended up having to go to court...twice. Then we ended up selling our flock of sheep to pay the property taxes that the logger was supposed to pay me with. Then while dealing with that, my wife and our son, and just when I was sure I could not take any more, I found out I had pituitary cancer.

It was a tough go of things for sure, enough so I wrote a book about it. In writing this post, I realize it does not sound all that bad, but I left a lot of details out. It was a tough time.

But now, I have just accepted things. It has taken awhile, and while I hate the term, what I have is just the new-normal. I have good days, and I have bad days. And a lack of sleep, that is just how life is. And my wife, I feel bad for her, but as she says, she signed up for it "for better or for worse."

But It has given me more compassion for other people. I try to give to charity a lot more, and help the less fortunate out.

I have not found published it yet, but it is called "Greater than Gold."

My wife and I are Christians and that is what we found out with each debilitating issue we faced, the same question: "Is Jesus enough?" This was asked as we lost my health, our livestock, our finances, and even our child.

But throughout this ordeal, I was also chasing a hunch that I had, and discovered heavy mineralization on our farm too, and hence the name of the title. On March 20th 2019 in a stream I discovered a rare palladium nugget. There are only 20 locations in the world where this has been found, and Maine is one of them. The date was significant, it was the day Palladium hit its highest price ever; $1560.40 per troy ounce, some $260 an ounce higher than gold.

So the book is not just about gloom and doom, but about a major geological discovery, incredible hardships, intense loss, but ultimately that faith in God that is the most precious thing of all.

Medical stuff is hard, because it is easy to think, "oh I have this too, this is what it will be like for you." I try not to be that way because what you experience will most likely be different than what I experience. Still, when I read what you are going through, I wanted you to know that some of us have been there. That can be reassuring sometimes.

I am in no way saying you will have to face this, but for me, I went from going to Drs weekly in hopes of finding a cure, to now realizing, it is just something I have to live with. I am a slow learner, so it took me three years to make that discovery. Sure, for most there is surgical options, for now, there isn't with me. I am not bitter about it, God could chose to cure it if he wishes, but for right now that is not his choice. So I accept it, and hope to help others.

I know I don't have the right words to reply to this. But more and more, I am astounded by the wealth of people that love God and share online here. I would love to read your story. I will say prayers tonight for you and yours.

I have noticed you haven't posted back on this thread in quite some time. I pray you are in God's word.

/ Brain Tumor
I simply cannot fathom a faith that deep without bitterness or hate. I see many that blame God for the "bad" that happens. I find BrokenTrack's plight very inspirational and would also like to read his book.

/ Brain Tumor #93  
Inspired and awed. Thank you Broken track for sharing. Prayers for you and for Doofy.

/ Brain Tumor #94  
It's my belief that these miracles are present many, many times each day. We just have to open ourselves to see them. :)

/ Brain Tumor #95  
I agree however they are hard to see just after you hit your thumb with a hammer.
It's my belief that these miracles are present many, many times each day. We just have to open ourselves to see them. :)

/ Brain Tumor #96  
   / Brain Tumor #98  
First and foremost, Doofy, I'm very glad to hear the surgery went well for you. You have my positive thoughts coming your way for a speedy and complete recovery! Chin up my friend... *big grin*

Richard, you said it so well in your quote below... it really is as simple as open your eyes and more importantly your soul, and see great things! This life is wonderful... just look!

/ Brain Tumor #99  
Glad you are getting better!!

/ Brain Tumor #100  
Been following this thread. So glad that the operation went well. Prayers sent that recovery continues in a positive way.