Brain Tumor

/ Brain Tumor #1  

Doofy

Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
Does anyone have first hand knowledge about tumor removal (on pituitary)? Apprehensive, to say the least. It would be nice to know what I may be getting myself into.

Thanks for any info on or about this subject.

/ Brain Tumor #2  
One of my cousins just had surgery to remove tumor on brain stem.. I don't have full details yet, but she was improving, it has only been 5 days. They found a mystery tumor while in there and removed it, they think it was causing most of her issues (lost vision in right eye, other issues). Good doctor, good support team, covered in prayers for both patient and doctors/nurses/etc.

/ Brain Tumor
One of my cousins just had surgery to remove tumor on brain stem.. I don't have full details yet, but she was improving, it has only been 5 days. They found a mystery tumor while in there and removed it, they think it was causing most of her issues (lost vision in right eye, other issues). Good doctor, good support team, covered in prayers for both patient and doctors/nurses/etc.

My diagnosis began with vision problems also. My peripheral vision was closing in so I finally went to a real eye doctor. After a battery of tests, I was immediately sent to the hospital for a head MRI. An hour and a half in a banging and clanging tube, I went home to wait for results. Now, I'm just waiting on a Neurosurgeon and a Endocrinologist to figure out the course of action.

Will be praying for your cousin's fast recovery.

/ Brain Tumor
A bit of advise: If you know something is wrong and and your usual health care providers brush it off...get a second, or third opinion. I went to eye glass peddlers for 30 years for exams and glasses and was always poo-pooed about something being wrong. Now I know.

/ Brain Tumor #5  
My sister-in-law had a pituitary tumor removed. The tumor itself was benign but the growth of it and crowding of the general area is why it needed to be removed. I can’t remember if it was removed through her nasal passages or the roof of her mouth but the procedure only took a few hours and her recovery was a few days and she did not have too much discomfort.

/ Brain Tumor
My sister-in-law had a pituitary tumor removed. The tumor itself was benign but the growth of it and crowding of the general area is why it needed to be removed. I can’t remember if it was removed through her nasal passages or the roof of her mouth but the procedure only took a few hours and her recovery was a few days and she did not have too much discomfort.

Thanks. That is encouraging.

/ Brain Tumor #7  
Doofy, sorry to hear about your news. Prayers sent. My sister had multiple tumors removed(one on her pituitary)years ago (about 25) and made a full recovery. She was a teacher and was back at school in three months. She had a second surgery (about ten years later) to remove additional tumors that grew back. She again made a full recovery. Good luck to you sir!

/ Brain Tumor #8  
My prayers are with you!

/ Brain Tumor
These responses are really making me feel better about this situation. Thanks.