BR 800 C-E MAGNUM reviews

/ BR 800 C-E MAGNUM reviews
We've ran a few tanks of gas through it now and can say this tool rocks. Its backpack is super comfortable. Starting it while wearing it is very doable and I'm starting it while wearing and its cold. I just need to remember to turn the choke on first! (choke can only be actuated from the back side) Control are quite easy to utlize. Fuel consumption is not bad and it seems its tank is rather large. It wll blow wet leaves, rocks and branches off the trail.
P1130243.jpg
P1130261.jpg
P1130279.jpg

Last edited:
   / BR 800 C-E MAGNUM reviews #22  
I love mine...but really wish there as a way to prime/choke while wearing. :D

Last edited:
I love mine...but really wish there as a way to prime/choke while wearing. :D
I worried about that same thing but found if I started it while not wearing it, then after that, don't need to choke it again. :unsure:

Last edited:
   / BR 800 C-E MAGNUM reviews #25  
I worried about that same thing but found if I started it while not wearing it, then after that, don't need to choke it again. :unsure:
That works for me also.

I've read how difficult the pull start is with the unit on the ground. That's NOT my experience...the pull start works great on my back or on the ground.

This blower is quite powerful and comfortable to wear, plus easy to operate. Its a keeper from Stihl. :love:

/ BR 800 C-E MAGNUM reviews #27  
I have the BR800X. Love it! Bought it a couple of years ago and its been flawless. It really is that powerful that you need to brace yourself.

Question for you guys, the "C" model starts how? Mine is a pull start, so you have to start it on the ground and swing it over your shoulder. Which wouldn't be difficult except even at 1/2 choke idle the air flow wants to twist the blower off of your body as you swing it in the opposite direction. I must look like I'm dancing with it!

I have the BR800X. Love it! Bought it a couple of years ago and its been flawless. It really is that powerful that you need to brace yourself.

Question for you guys, the "C" model starts how? Mine is a pull start, so you have to start it on the ground and swing it over your shoulder. Which wouldn't be difficult except even at 1/2 choke idle the air flow wants to twist the blower off of your body as you swing it in the opposite direction. I must look like I'm dancing with it!
The starting cord is along the side and positioned so you can pull it forward.
1668624254817.png

/ BR 800 C-E MAGNUM reviews #29  
Aah! Thanks Arly, that explains it. Mine has a conventional pull cord in the back, right above the little foot. I like yours better. Makes for less swinging onto and off of your shoulders. Mine also does not have a waist belt. Its not that heavy, but after 6 hours or so, I feel it in my shoulders.

/ BR 800 C-E MAGNUM reviews #30  
Getting serious now about buying a BR 800 so I went back over this thread as well as the other BackPack blower thread. Floating this one back to the top for any updates or new comments on these before I pull the trigger.

Really interested in input regarding the C-E VS the 800X, mainly the difference in the starter cord being accessible from the front with the unit on your back vs starting from the ground then putting it on. Any negatives on the way the pull cord is mounted to start it on your back?
Thanks!