Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat #1  

SidTheKidd85

Tractor
2015 Bobcat Toolcat
Has anyone used the new style snow blower yet on the toolcat?

I have one I am purchasing soon, but haven’t heard much about the new style snow blower. It’s the SB 32x74 with the 130cc motor package, which should be equivalent to the 8.0 motor in years past.

Thanks!

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat #2  
Do you have high-flow on your Toolcat? I too have wondered which motor package would be better. It sounds like the 8.0 motor will spin faster and throw farther until it loses the grunt to throw. The 9.6 motor won't throw as far but has more grunt for the heavy stuff. What kind of snow do you have?

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat #4  
I would say it works great on a new ToolCat.

He switches from the plow to blower at the 1:15 marker

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat #5  
I am using a 32x80 with a 130cc motor on a 2014 5610. No complaints. Almost all of what I blow is gravel based so it is necessary to establish a few inches of hardpack over the gravel and then avoid gouging thru that hardpack over the course of the winter. The factory shoes don't provide enough surface area of support to avoid breaking thru the hardpack near the edges of the road and parking areas because those areas don't get enough traffic to pack hard. I removed the shoes and installed a 1" x 6" x 76" strip of HDPE along the bachside of the blower just behind the cutting edge to better support the weight of the blower. I can then rock backward/forward over this support/wear strip to manage cutting edge angle and contact pressure.

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat
Do you have high-flow on your Toolcat? I too have wondered which motor package would be better. It sounds like the 8.0 motor will spin faster and throw farther until it loses the grunt to throw. The 9.6 motor won't throw as far but has more grunt for the heavy stuff. What kind of snow do you have?
I do have hi flow.
Snow is usually pretty dry. It’s in ND, plenty cold.
I’ll be using to to cut through drifts going into farm yards and moving existing piles away from road ways

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat
I am using a 32x80 with a 130cc motor on a 2014 5610. No complaints. Almost all of what I blow is gravel based so it is necessary to establish a few inches of hardpack over the gravel and then avoid gouging thru that hardpack over the course of the winter. The factory shoes don't provide enough surface area of support to avoid breaking thru the hardpack near the edges of the road and parking areas because those areas don't get enough traffic to pack hard. I removed the shoes and installed a 1" x 6" x 76" strip of HDPE along the bachside of the blower just behind the cutting edge to better support the weight of the blower. I can then rock backward/forward over this support/wear strip to manage cutting edge angle and contact pressure.
How does it do cutting away old snow drifts/wind rows left from say a plow or bucket?

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat #8  
This is my first year with this blower and in Fairbanks I don't have much in the way of drifts and other packed piled snow.
I also have an older SB200 on a 863 in Cantwell, Ak. That blower has the equivalent of a 100cc motor and does not have an aggressive auger like the 32x80. The cantwell blower does well in hard drifts and snow piles, you just have to adjust your travel speed to match the blowers capabilities.

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat #9  
Has anyone used the new style snow blower yet on the toolcat?

I have one I am purchasing soon, but haven’t heard much about the new style snow blower. It’s the SB 32x74 with the 130cc motor package, which should be equivalent to the 8.0 motor in years past.

Thanks!
I have a 2020 Toolcat with the 72 inch SB240 snowblower and the 9.6 motor package. I bought the snowblower new in 2020 when I bought the Toolcat. Not sure how the 8.0 motor works but the 9.6 is everything I want. It blows huge drifts without problems. It works on heavy wet snow really well. I am also located in ND. Message me if you are in the Bismarck/ Mandan area and are interested in trying my snowblower. Happy to let you give it a test drive. Also, not sure if you are looking at an angle broom, but I would highly recommend it for our climate. I have the 68 inch Bobcat angle broom. I use it about 90% of the time. Rarely do I need anything else for snow removal.
Hope that helps.

/ Bobcat snowblower SB32x74 on Toolcat #10  
Look into the Edge Tamer by R2manufacturing.com. I have a new Toolcat on order and that will be one of the first things I put on, to avoid pitching rocks from my gravel driveway and pad.