Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️

/ Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️ #11  
Yes, I believe they are 1/2”
Guess I assumed they were metric since about everything on these tractors are metric because Korean.🤷‍♂️
Yes, correct for the rest of the hardware but in the hydraulic parts, they use BSPP fittings, in this case, 1/2" BSPP. Has a 60 degree taper that seals the connection. It's actually fairly common and cheap everywhere else in the world.

/ Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️
Yes, correct for the rest of the hardware but in the hydraulic parts, they use BSPP fittings, in this case, 1/2" BSPP. Has a 60 degree taper that seals the connection. It's actually fairly common and cheap everywhere else in the world.
The gentleman from Alaska Rubber called me today and explained that they were an European style (i.e. BSPP) fitting and ended up costing me $30 each. Well, at least it wasn’t as much as the metric ones would have.

/ Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️ #13  
I have a McCormick X1.45 which is manufactured by Branson. Hose blew. Had one made locally. Found fittings were “British” metric. Works just fine

/ Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️ #14  
Just to clarify the fittings situation a little bit. The fittings are BSPP ( British Standard Pipe Parallel Thread).

This is still an imperial thread, or technically, a British thread as they use a 55 degree thread flank angle instead of the more commonly 60 degree used in Metric and American threads.

So "British metric" doesn't really exist.

1673483109673.png