Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️

/ Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️ #1  

North to Alaska

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 4520r
Branson 4520r
Ta00001408B is the part number.
Curious if I should just get an oem replacement or can these be built at a cheaper price? I may have to gave it shipped up here.
Waiting till tomorrow for my dealership here in Alaska to open as well as a couple of outfits in the area that might be able to build me one?

Including a picture (stole this picture from someone else’s post) of what it is.
Looks like a 1/2” high pressure hose about 50” long.

Curious if anyone is knowledgeable about this hose and can give me any thoughts?

Thank you

Attachments

• A31560EF-097B-4C36-AC11-4A376BE707B5.jpeg
    A31560EF-097B-4C36-AC11-4A376BE707B5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
   / Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️
I’m closer to wasilla/Palmer but curious who you went to? Often there are same company shops in both areas

/ Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️ #4  
Definitely have an outfit making a new hose for you. A lot cheaper and in many cases, it may last longer.

I believe the fittings are 1/2" BSPP. This may or may not be tricky to get on that side of the pond.

/ Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️ #5  
Much quicker and cheaper to get one made locally if possible.

Truck shops that deal with larger trucks usually make their own hoses and could make one for you if yhere are no dedicated hose places around. Ag dealers too, of course. Just bring the old hose with you for them to match.

We have several large equipment rental and sales companies here. Likely one of them can do it. Also a place called Alaska rubber that sells hydraulic hoses and parts and they usually can make stuff. Should be able to find out today.

/ Blew a hydraulic hose ☹️ #7  
Branson 4520r
Ta00001408B is the part number.
Curious if I should just get an oem replacement or can these be built at a cheaper price? I may have to gave it shipped up here.
Waiting till tomorrow for my dealership here in Alaska to open as well as a couple of outfits in the area that might be able to build me one?

Including a picture (stole this picture from someone else’s post) of what it is.
Looks like a 1/2” high pressure hose about 50” long.

Curious if anyone is knowledgeable about this hose and can give me any thoughts?

Thank you
standard hydraulic hose and metric fittings you should be able to have one made

So metric fittings are very expensive. I assumed this was metric.
Would have costed me $40 per fitting to have it made by Alaska Rubber.
OEM would have been cheaper.
By the way a shout out to Ronnie at Reed & Reed sales in Chatsworth, GA. He has been great to work with in the past and they do seem to keep alot of the parts in stock.

Anyway, took the hose into local hardware store and tested the fittings. Looks like they are 1/2”?

So should only cost me $21 per fitting plus hose so total less than $90. OEM would have been around $105 with shipping via USPS (UPS & FedEx are extremely expensive to ship here)

But gas was not worth the difference until I found someone who was heading to Wasilla anyway. (1.5 hour drive for me)

so in short. Having it made rather than buying. Not much cheaper but faster.

Definitely have an outfit making a new hose for you. A lot cheaper and in many cases, it may last longer.

I believe the fittings are 1/2" BSPP. This may or may not be tricky to get on that side of the pond.
Yes, I believe they are 1/2”
Guess I assumed they were metric since about everything on these tractors are metric because Korean.🤷‍♂️