Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
I’m sure many of you found yourself in this position when tractor shopping. Our purchase date is about 6mos out as we await the pole barn build.
Anyhow, I have researched all of the major brands, and for the $$ I cannot fathom buying Red, Green or Orange. I could almost buy another 20hp SCUT with the price difference.

LS and Branson are very similarly priced and equipped as far as I can see. I have a couple dealers within an hour drive for each brand. I’ve spoken to those dealers, and though small, they have been kind and knowledgeable. Branson a little moreso... that guy loved talking tractors.

I do worry about the Branson name... as in, unknown to most. I don’t plan to trade out of this tractor for a decade or more, which is why I’m buying bigger than I need to. However, they seem less known than LS... which is a hidden brand as well.

I do like the enthusiasm Branson owners have for the product, and that the units are not ECM controlled. LS has had some complaints with regard to harnesses and ECMs failing.
What pushed you over the top to choose the Branson? Even in the face of few dealers and lack of recognition? At this time it’s either an LS or Branson... and they seem pretty similar. Thank you.

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #2  
In my case, he was the only local dealer that would give me the time of day.

No, I'm serious.

Not one other dealer would lift a finger to deal with me, and only one other dealer (the green one) actually SPOKE to me while I was on their dealership floor.

So that's how I chose the brand. I'd never heard of them either, but started reading and liked what I saw. Stats where great on equivalent models, prices were awesome. Done deal. I liked my Branson dealer, good guy, very personable and eager to answer any questions. No one else was.

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #3  
For me it was they were the only ones that still used mechanical injection system and no ECU. Simple to diagnose and work on. Old school in a way. They are well built and I have been very happy with my decision.

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #4  
My 3520h was like getting a L3560 for the price of a L2501, with an enthusiastic dealer instead of a complacent "you don't have a choice" dealer.

Considering I'd decided I wanted a lot more tractor than the L2501 but the budget didn't fit what they wanted for the bigger tractor, it quickly because a no-brainer. None of the other brands had as good of an offering in that category for a similar price, either (including LS - you're looking more power and prices may be different where you are today than when I was shopping).

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #5  
Pretty much like Mr Slim, although on a completely different continent, none of the bigger brand dealers really looked like they wanted to sell tractors.

I went to Kubota, Landini, New Holland, Kioti and few other dealers. The Kubota one gave me this arrogant attitude, so to the next dealer I went. The Landini/Kioti dealer, had me sitting there in front of him for like 30 minutes while he kept answering the phone and didn't really showed any interest on selling tractors. I did like the Kioti too but not with that dealer. Some of these dealers I visited, also said they would come to my place to check out the two tractors I had for trade in. It's a common practice on this small country, however, none of them really called.

I went to an LS dealer, but unfortunately, the owner wasn't there or I could very well got an LS too. I stopped to the Case/Branson dealer next. Case doesn't sell smaller tractors (under 50HP) here so I was looking at the Branson, that I had never heard anything about before. The owner of the dealer is an older guy, showed me the tractor, showed interest on my tractors and later on that day, he came to my house, check my stuff and we worked a great deal between my new tractor and the old ones for trade in.

What really got my interest on the Branson was the fact that it has a very heavy duty construction. Bigger/thicker axles, bigger/thicker arms, everything was pretty much a step or two above the competition, even on the thickness of the sheet metal. Then the dealer turned the steering to the max, which impressed me right away with the great turning capabilities. Ideal for working on my orchards and now that I've had the tractor for a couple years, I can actually maneuver a lot better and easier with this tractor than with the much smaller Kubota B7000 I had.

The Branson also came standard with a lot of stuff that others don't, specially Kubota. It came with a set of remotes, a great seat with suspension and fully adjustable, lower link quick hooks, telescopic stabilizers, 6 front weights, 540/540E and more stuff I'm forgetting. Another big plus and as been pointed how before, is the simplicity of the tractor, as in as little electronics as possible, which allows the owner to actually work on the tractor without relying on someone else with a computer and the right software, while not loosing a bunch of nice features.

That being said, LS also makes great tractors and I could very well ended up with one, specially, when at the time, they were fitted with the Mitsubishi engine with mechanical injection.

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #6  
My dealer sells both Branson and LS. He suggested in the range I was looking for (around 50 hp) he would recommend the Branson 20 series. The differences? The Branson has more weight (always a benefit on a tractor) and the lack of dependence on electronics. He said he has had to do less warrantee work on Bransons also.

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #7  
1 - Lifting capacity (you’d be surprised how much more it has over the competition!)

2 - No electronic emission controls (it can run without)

2 - Experienced engine manufacture. (The same company builds engines for Caterpillar!)

3 - Heavy construction. More weight = more traction. My 35 hp was the heaviest among the competition.

4 - Extra features that are standard

5 - Priced very competitively

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #8  
In my case - I've dealt with this dealer for 40 years. Bought my first tractor from them - upgraded to my Kubota from them. They have been fair and honest and gone the extra mile for me several times.

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #9  
Go with the Branson, I have thew same engine since TYM bought Kukje Machinery that makes Branson. I think they will be around for a long time.

/ Between the LS MT352 and Branson 5520C/H #10  
We have a Branson 4520 and a 5520 cab, we use the 5520 for pulling a 10' bush hog mower in the groves.
The 4520 is for loader work and hand spraying small trees.
We have had zero issues with either one, we love our Bransons!