Best way to smoke a brisket one day and serve the next [not dried out]

/ Best way to smoke a brisket one day and serve the next [not dried out] #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Hello to all,

I was going to have a ranch party w guests, but since it is May 7 the day b4 Mothers Day, now need to have it back in the City. However, everyone still wants smoked meats,

Have a 17lb brisket and 10lb pork butt. What do you guys think is the best way to smoke one day, and serve the next and not make the meat dried-out? I'm going to smoke it Friday May 6, then serve around 630pm the next day Saturday?

Just wanted to see what things you have done that really works?

Thank you very much,
tstex

/ Best way to smoke a brisket one day and serve the next [not dried out] #2  
I cook/smoke meats until the temp probe just hits the desired temp and make sure it doesn't go any higher, easily done with the pellet smoker. I've never cooked a day ahead of when I wanted to serve but the left overs we always wrapped in the disposable aluminum pans with foil and they stay pretty moist for a few days.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Best way to smoke a brisket one day and serve the next [not dried out] #3  
Do some searching on youtube for using tallow and wrapping the brisket...

/ Best way to smoke a brisket one day and serve the next [not dried out] #4  
Hello to all,

I was going to have a ranch party w guests, but since it is May 7 the day b4 Mothers Day, now need to have it back in the City. However, everyone still wants smoked meats,

Have a 17lb brisket and 10lb pork butt. What do you guys think is the best way to smoke one day, and serve the next and not make the meat dried-out? I'm going to smoke it Friday May 6, then serve around 630pm the next day Saturday?

Just wanted to see what things you have done that really works?

Thank you very much,
tstex
You could smoke the meat to about 10 degrees below your finished temperature. Wrap and refrigerate, then bring it up to the finished temperature in the oven before you serve it. Make sure it’s covered and you add moisture when it’s in the oven.

/ Best way to smoke a brisket one day and serve the next [not dried out]
Thanks Guys...appreciate it...on the brisket, one side is super thick and it tapers down to about 1/3 the thickness of the bigger end...might cut this in half and smoke them them w diff total smoke times....the pork butt is real thick in almost a perfect square...thanks again