Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie?

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I'm looking to get some headphones for hearing protection in the tractor that has BT support and preferably walkie-talkie (non commercial). Any suggestions?

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #2  
Don't think you'll find hearing protection with the walkie-talkie but I might be wrong. I have ISO Tunes and am very happy with them for BT and hearing protection.

Hearing Protection

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #3  
I use Sena radios on my motorcycle and they also have headphone solutions. Though the "walkie talkie" would be to other similar units, not generic FRS. Cardo is another brand popular for bike to bike comm and they have headphones too.

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #4  
I have a set of these: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/cbgnawus1754/

I don't know how well the headphone and mic work as I have never used them for a call. They work ok as hearing protectors. They're not as protective as the plain hearing protector only 3Ms I have. But good enough for a couple hours splitting wood with a power splitter.

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #5  
I'm looking to get some headphones for hearing protection in the tractor that has BT support and preferably walkie-talkie (non commercial). Any suggestions?
I used my 3M work tunes headphones all summer when I was mowing. I really like them. I mostly streamed radio stations from my phone, but I also liked the call answer and talk features.

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #6  
I have Bose Quiet Comfort BT noise cancelling headset. I leave them hanging on the loader joystick. My phone has a docking station on the tractor with a charge cord connection and tractor digital battery meter. I can listen to music, take calls, or text with siri while operating. This unit cost a littl more but it has great sound and voice. Might be the best... plus they're not bulky.

Last edited:
   / Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #7  
Ditto on the ISOTunes. I've got the ISOTunes Pro, ISOtunes PRO 2.0 and they're great. Only complaint I have is not about the device themselves but the cost of the foam tips , which is a bit high and there's no aftermarket compatible. Battery life is exceptional, noise blocking is great.

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #8  
Last year I bought a Peltor Sport Tactical 500 to have a set of sound suppressing headphones. I had a pair, <gulp> 20 years ago, when a TBNer set up a discount for TBN members. The sound suppressing headphones were really expensive back then and I lost mine. I think it fell out of the truck where someone could find it, and did, but did not turn it to lost and found. 🤬

I ended up buying the Peltor's with Bluetooth and I am using the headphones almost every day to talk to people on the phone. Really surprised how well they work and how much I use them. The only problem is the on/off button is finicky to turn on/off. I also wish it had a way to indicate the battery charge status but I use rechargeable batteries and just replace them when I think I have used up most of the battery charge.

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #9  
I just bought a JLabs earbuds for around the house for podcasts and occasional music....Air Sport I think they are, they're not noise cancelling just plain ole earbuds, one of the cheapest set they sell. They have the soft rubber wings that go behind the ear.
I wish I had found them ages ago, great sound, very comfortable, battery life is unreal, 2 year warranty, I'd recommend them to anyone

/ Best headphones - Bluetooth and walkie talkie? #10  
Tractor time is 'me time'. If there is an emergency, the missus can hop in the SxS and find me. 😁. Anyone else can leave a message and I'll call them back later.

We do have some old standalone walkies with many channels (basically CB walkies). Haven't dug them out in years. I suppose we could try those, but I'll go back to my first point...tractor time is me time.