Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,922  
Who gets charged for the new pool or gym or parking garage re-stripe for those inhabitants that don’t swim, workout or drive?

Some will say not fair.

I say not fair for having to pay for a public school system I don’t use. Nobody cares!
Not even close...!
Even the YMCA has fees/dues...where is a parking garage that does not charge?

Public charging stations should all add two taxes for every KW....one tax for a road tax (regardless if they pay elsewhere)...and a tax to pay for the stations themselves....

The only thing bad about taxes for the school systems is a good portion of the boards (that spend those tax dollars) are just idiots using the election system to climb the political ladder and we all know what geniuses we have at all levels of government...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,923  
Yup, give it time! Technology is an amazing thing, won't be long you will be able to drive well over a thousand miles on a charge.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,924  
The three city owned parking garages in South Bend, IN are free for the first 2 hour. Free overnight. And free on weekends. (special events excluded).

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,925  
Not even close...!
Even the YMCA has fees/dues...where is a parking garage that does not charge?

Public charging stations should all add two taxes for every KW....one tax for a road tax (regardless if they pay elsewhere)...and a tax to pay for the stations themselves....

The only thing bad about taxes for the school systems is a good portion of the boards (that spend those tax dollars) are just idiots using the election system to climb the political ladder and we all know what geniuses we have at all levels of government...

Many of the pools at the apartment are not an extra fee, nor is the gym, nor is the garage. Some yes, but not all. So upgrades to those facilities or maintenance thereof are a cost burdened to all residents regardless if they are used by that resident. Pretty typical.

YMCA is a private club, terrible comparison.

Charging stations should be installed by private money only. No government program for ‘free’ stations.

Then again I feel the same way about the ACA and Free cell phones, so apparently mine isn’t a popular opinion

Also agree road tax is fair to apply to the miles driven by the owner (but thanks for covering that for me right now, I’m enjoying the ride!). Why you want double tax (if they pay elsewhere)? Just being snarky?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,926  
Many of the pools at the apartment are not an extra fee, nor is the gym, nor is the garage. Some yes, but not all. So upgrades to those facilities or maintenance thereof are a cost burdened to all residents regardless if they are used by that resident. Pretty typical.

Charging stations should be installed by private money only. No government program for ‘free’ stations.

Then again I feel the same way about the ACA and Free cell phones, so apparently mine isn’t a popular opinion

Also agree road tax is fair to apply to the miles driven by the owner (but thanks for covering that for me right now, I’m enjoying the ride!). Why you want double tax (if they pay elsewhere)? Just being snarky?

I will be paying the road tax at registration each year of an additional $140 for the Y.

I guess the state needs it.

They really have been doing a Nice Job on North / South state Highway 95 to divided 4 lane heading into Canada.

ps. Gale did you receive a Vision system update???

So far I have not but did see this today.

^^^
We should have updated parking assist very soon.

I want this one, should make judging that front bumper distance Much easier.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,927  

How many apartments add gyms or pools after the fact ??
How many that already pay state road taxes also pay federal road tax...?....those that pay taxes that overlap could get refunds...

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,928  
How many apartments add gyms or pools after the fact ??
How many that already pay state road taxes also pay federal road tax...?....those that pay taxes that overlap could get refunds...

Pools not terribly common, although they may get rehabbed/upgraded if they already existed.
Gyms are relatively common to add to complexes undergoing upgrades/renovations.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,929  
EV Humor.