Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,011  
The only thing lame is your response...! just because you don't like it does not make it lame...!
To me it's in this order, no offense to EV owners at all...just my observation:
1) CO2 is discussed, the solution is electric
2) mandates discussed & implemented
3) fuel prices double, solution is electric
4) free chargers at restaurants.Wish I had EV
5) features, speed...even more attractive
6) electric rates go up (they must), no more free chargers (our & neighbors electric has doubled, no EVs).

Hopefully we'll have choices, at least in our lifetime.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,012  
Or maybe to people who actually need help.
I don't understand either statement?!???
Make Elon wealthier or give my money to "tha' po'"? Really?!?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,013  
Years ago I drove the 15 miles from my parents home to our home after a snowstorm in my '66 Rambler American 6cyl, 3 on tree. Toolbox in trunk, no chains or snow tires. We had road to ourselves, wife thumbing her nose at all the 4x4s in ditches.
About 20 years ago, at parents home I was driving a Hyundai Accent manual shift, snowstorm, roads closed (I ran the roadblock )...got home fine. Advantage to me both times a straight shift and being alone on road, averaging about 30-35 riding center crown, slowly build speed each hill, topping them about 15 mph. Never ever touched brakes.
I had one of those Rambler Americans. I bought it for $5 and an A&W Teen burger. It did pretty well in the snow. It was pretty fun till the driveline fell off. :ROFLMAO: 🙃

Many years ago drove my mom from Ellensburg to Olympia in the middle of winter in my Ford Torino. That thing was awful in snow and ice. Real light in the trunk and way too much power. I even got stuck in a flat parking lot that had a slight rise to the main road. I layed out my tire chains just before both rear tires, and got enough momentum to get up on the main road, that was dry and clear. So anyway, back to my mom, unbeknownst to us, i found out they closed the pass just behind us. Snowing the whole way, only saw a couple people, one being a Camaro being pushed by a couple guys, it had been going to slow on a tilted turn and fell out of it. Should have seen the looks on the Staters manning the roadblock on the other side. I stopped and talked to them for a bit before getting back on the road.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,014  
14,144kwh at the meter (13,437kwh in the batt) at 44,825miles today.

316w/mi avg

Do your own comparison based on you power cost, sure some places are much higher, maybe some lower…

If I paid for all my charging…
$1,697/44,825 = $0.038mi

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,015  
Years ago I drove the 15 miles from my parents home to our home after a snowstorm in my '66 Rambler American 6cyl, 3 on tree. Toolbox in trunk, no chains or snow tires. We had road to ourselves, wife thumbing her nose at all the 4x4s in ditches.
About 20 years ago, at parents home I was driving a Hyundai Accent manual shift, snowstorm, roads closed (I ran the roadblock )...got home fine. Advantage to me both times a straight shift and being alone on road, averaging about 30-35 riding center crown, slowly build speed each hill, topping them about 15 mph. Never ever touched brakes.
I think my Rambler wagon was a '65' it had the 6cyl and three on the tree but it also had "Overdrive"...get on the highway and pull the cable lever under the dash and we would zoom right on down the road...I loved that car...great for camping...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,016  
When I first met my wife (actually as kids...another story) as teenages, I pulled up in my '66 Rambler American. You should have seen her 6'6" Dad's expression..."Boy! Next date drive your Dad's car, and 11 o'clock curfew!!!" (to young people...Ramblers had retractable seats making into a bed). So next night I show up in Dad's '65 Ambassador 990!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,017  
Sounds like you are really getting to know the new Y. Pretty sure I will tick off the Autopilot as well

Wow 28 cents a gallon for gasoline , that is way less than I paid in 1974.
Since Autopilot is free the rep in the Tesla store when we picked up my Y said just work through all that before signing up for a month subscription of Enhanced Autopilot or FSD.

With just the basic, the car does not know where it is going. It's just trying to follow the lines and keep you safe. Now if you're using maybe the enhance autopilot or full self-driving the car would know. Hey, I'm going down the road 10 mi at this point right here I just keep going straight and I don't have to look at these funky lines.

Narrow 2 lane roads, meeting log trucks, etc can get a little hairy. I know this is the best is on multi-line roads or where the lanes are plenty of wide.

FSD would shine on cross country trips I expect.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,018  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,020