Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,271  
Variable acceleration and deceleration manual foot controller.
Aren't manual and foot mutually contradictory? It's just a foot controller.

Speaking of manual, one thing I miss off road is the dash throttle that would let you set a steady engine RPM.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,272  
What only one pedal? How do you make a quick emergency stop as opposed to a rolling stop?

Variable deceleration with that pedal as well, but still typical hydraulic brakes for heavy braking needs. 90% of the braking is done with the ‘go pedal’ though for most driving. Took about 45 seconds to get used to, do t even think about it any more.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,273  
Aren't manual and foot mutually contradictory? It's just a foot controller.

Speaking of manual, one thing I miss off road is the dash throttle that would let you set a steady engine RPM.
As I recall, we had those on the military vehicles we were driving out of AM General.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,274  
I got to drive an electric van for a while at my employer. I did not like the feel of letting off the accelerator pedal and instantly feel a braking effect. That is, it would not coast. I actually disliked it intensely.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,275  
I got to drive an electric van for a while at my employer. I did not like the feel of letting off the accelerator pedal and instantly feel a braking effect. That is, it would not coast. I actually disliked it intensely.
Why did you not turn off the one pedal option?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,276  
Variable deceleration with that pedal as well, but still typical hydraulic brakes for heavy braking needs. 90% of the braking is done with the ‘go pedal’ though for most driving. Took about 45 seconds to get used to, do t even think about it any more.
How do you coast? On my gasoline car when letting off the accelerator the RPMs go to 800 and it is is coast mode (automatic neutral) as indicated on the dash - rolls very easy.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,278  
Why did you not turn off the one pedal option?
It was one of these…

They went bankrupt a few months ago. Something about fishy activities by management. It’s a shame.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,280  
Sadly the PC evolution financial fallout of two decades ago is now coming to the EV evolution of today. In 1999 IBM lost a Billion Dollars in the PC business and turned it over China. We are already seeing old line automotive OEMs looking at taking that same path.