BackHoe Hose Connections

/ BackHoe Hose Connections #1  

TO_Bud

Silver Member
Tractor
2000 TC40D, TnT, 758B BH
After installing the two rear remotes on my TC40D I wanted to clean up the connection process for my older 758B Ford backhoe. Currently the hoses hook up as all the New Holland hoes do using the power beyond hose from the FEL joystick and the tank fitting for return on the right side axle area. Found this link posted by Severndh that details a neat little adapter plate that MadDogDriver posted back in 2007. The only reason I wanted to improve the current hookup is I didn't like how dirty the forward QD would get and I'm worried that I couldn't get it clean enough while laying on my back under the tractor during changeover. Had a little trouble tracking the part down but for those of you interested it is Woods p/n 1021867, comes as a kit with hoses, costs a pretty penny at about $300 and can be purchased from any Woods dealer. Best price I found was $295 plus shipping from Richmond New Holland (Phone 586-727-3515) ask for Jack in parts. When the backhoe is not on the tractor the adapter hoses must connect to one another to complete the circuit, very important. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1122312-post5.html is the link to MadDogs post.

/ BackHoe Hose Connections
Wanted to update this thread on the Woods Hose Kit for backhoes along with some pics. The right rear tire area hydraulic manifold cover is removed and the modified cover with both pressure and return ports is installed, 1st pic shows installed plate. When the hoe is not installed the pressure and return lines connect to one another to complete the hydraulic circuit and prevent dead heading the pump. Install was quite easy save for the removal of the rear tire, actually if you barely jack the tire off the ground removal is not all that bad. Final mods to the older Ford 758B backhoe are yet to be done (this week I hope). The 2nd pic shows the brackets for the rear mount (sideways u). These sit right on the pins for the 3 point arms after you remove the arms. There is quite a bit of force applied there, even though this is a subframe mount, and I'm concerned it may well break the axle housing at the pin. I'm going to modify the attachment point to be carried by the ROPs frame. I'll update when that is done.

Bud

Attachments

• IMG_1261.JPG
    IMG_1261.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 650
   / BackHoe Hose Connections #3  
hi, I'm wondering if the kit U described is compatible w a NH 2120 tractor? I'm trying ot adapt the 758B to the 2120. I think we have the hangers that will work. a bit old post but I was hoping. Thanks!

/ BackHoe Hose Connections
Sorry, just now noticed you had reponded to an old post of mine. It's been a few years since I put that kit on but if I remember right the kit replaced the end block of the rear remote valves I put on. So that is the question, is your rear remote valve the same as mine. Messicks website has the breakdown on the part number for the rear remote that fit the TC40D tractor. New Holland TC40D - 4 CYL COMPACT TRACTOR - NORTH AMERICA(11/98 - 12/05) Parts , Here is messicks page on the 2120 New Holland 2120 - 4 CYL COMPACT TRACTOR 20 SERIES(01/87 - 12/02) Parts . Your valve looks different than mine. You might call Messicks and start asking questions, they are pretty helpful with hard to answer questions.