Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair?

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair? #1  

MountainRecluse

Tractor
1987 White
I'm wondering if the Farmtrac tractors are hard to repair and service? Does anyone who has owned one have any thoughts on the subject? I'm thinking of buying one, also, the 6050 model. I would like to be able to work on it myself.

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair? #2  
They are an orphan tractor, so finding parts may be an issue.

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair?
I don't have one yet.Thinking of getting one. They re-entered the country about two years ago. They're mostly in Mississippi right now. Yes, the parts for the ones sold in late nineties and early 2000's are hard to find, it seems. I've heard people say that they're( Farmtracs) easy to work on, but " easy" might just be a relative term. There's " easy" and then there's " easy compared to other tractors." Thanks for your reply!

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair? #4  
Parts are not an issue at all. They will get them from India where they are still made if you need something that is not common to go. Most others are stocked by itp or sundowner. As mentioned there are a few dealers around. They are easy to work on , loud as heck and as rugged as you need. Based off an old ford.

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair?
Hopefully the newer models will be quieter and still easy to work on. Thanks!

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair? #6  
I can't speak for the newer models but my farmtrac is basically a rebadged SAME Explorer tractor (still made in Italy I believe). I haven't had to do much work on it but it seems spacious enough to get in and do things if needed. Mine is a 2005 Farmtrac 795 DTC.

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair? #7  
Mine is a Farmtrac 60 ford clone. I have replaced the starter, a radiator hose and freed up a stuck injection pump. The starter was a direct replacement bought on ebay, shortened a new radiator hose to fit and got info on here to free up the stuck injector pump.

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair? #8  
Just a little update on the parts since I've had the tractor for a few years now.

It hasn't been an issue. The guy at Hoover's tractor has the connection to Italy and I've had small parts delivered in less than a week and nothing over 2 weeks for anything I've ordered that had to come from Italy. The only downside, the parts arn't cheap....

/ Are Farmtracs hard to service and repair? #9  
Everything will run correctly as long as u keep oil in the injection pump (in-line)