Anyone have pictures of a Grand L 60 grill with added protection?

/ Anyone have pictures of a Grand L 60 grill with added protection? #11  
September do the yearly bush hogging of unused pastures. Tough head high weeds and brush. Overhanging trees have some large limb pieces hidden in the grass. Like having a bumper and lower armor. 3x5x5/16”wall tube and 7x 1/2” plate. Can tell by the paint it’s had a few kisses.

/ Anyone have pictures of a Grand L 60 grill with added protection? #12  
Thanks for the tip on working expanded metal 2manyrocks. Mountain Meadows, thanks for the actual thickness of the metal you used. Gives me an idea of where to start. Man those fabrication pictures you also added were "Great"! I'm no where near that level of metal working achievement, but I can sure dream in up. I'll probably end up doing something similar to what Oz did. That looks to be a route I could maybe accomplish. I need to think on it for awhile. I don't have much brush to deal with on a daily basis anyhow. Thanks to all for the ideas and advice.

/ Anyone have pictures of a Grand L 60 grill with added protection? #13  
While I haven't done it on my present tractor, my previous one I used 9 ga 3/4" flattened expanded steel. I wouldn't recommend much lighter. A couple of the ones I see here will help some, but IMO are too thin/weak to stand up to much abuse. Flattened is nicer to work with than the regular unflattened stuff (and a lot less sharp edges to cut you). Some of the punched materials shown would also work well.

Grill_guard (1) (Medium).JPG
Grill_guard (3) (Medium).JPG