Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc?

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #21  
I've been looking for something bigger. My local delivers with a 350 gal min. I came upon a 350 gal military water trailer that looked like an easy retrofit to fuel but the price was $3500!
Now I'm thinking about picking up a couple of 275 gal IBC totes for $50-75 each. That would make delivery possible. In the meantime I'm good hauling the 55 gal drum to the fuel depot and unloading it with the forklift. I have a full size 12v pump and filter I'm fitting to the barrel

Attachments

• 00Q0Q_dVKpShjfVyFz_0eq0iI_600x450.jpg
    00Q0Q_dVKpShjfVyFz_0eq0iI_600x450.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
   / Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #22  
I need to find a solution for a diesel fuel tank (other than 5 gal cans) to use when I carry my tractors and equipment with me to property I have in another state. I dont want to mount a permanent tank in the truck bed and loose bed space, but I don't want to rely on 5 gal diesel cans to refuel a 25 gallon tractor.

It would be for somewhat infrequent use, once a month or so.

I was thinking one of these slim 36 gallon tanks with a manual pump for simplicity, that way I can secure it to the front of whatever trailer I'm using that day.

That would be the best method. I’ve thought of making a small fuel trailer to use as a home fueling station, but of course if you need to fuel elsewhere, you’d need to mount the tank to your transport trailer. Another (expensive) option is a combination truck tool box/fuel tank.”

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #23  
I currently have this fuel caddy th
I need to find a solution for a diesel fuel tank (other than 5 gal cans) to use when I carry my tractors and equipment with me to property I have in another state. I dont want to mount a permanent tank in the truck bed and loose bed space, but I don't want to rely on 5 gal diesel cans to refuel a 25 gallon tractor.

It would be for somewhat infrequent use, once a month or so.

I was thinking one of these slim 36 gallon tanks with a manual pump for simplicity, that way I can secure it to the front of whatever trailer I'm using that day.

I currently have this fuel caddy that I use in my shop. When I fill it I strap it to a pallet and load it into the truck or trailer.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #24  
   / Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #25  
I have a truck mounted tank right behind my toolbox.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #26  
Here is my solution. I didn't want to risk damage to the truck moving it in and out using the fork pockets. It is a John Dow 58 gallon. I mounted a battery next to it using a marine battery case.

1674396340618.jpeg

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #27  
Lots of one star reviews on that...maybe you got a good one.
I haven’t had any problems with it. The one I bought was a different brand but basically the same.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #28  
I like Randy's dedicated trailer no fuss idea. (y)

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #29  
I just completed the first refueling from the 55gal caddy tank. It was Soooo easy. Clean and painless. PHew (y)

Attachments

• IMG_3084.jpg
    IMG_3084.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 72
   / Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #30  
Pretty when it's all clean and dry, but all I see is a dirt and grit magnet and multiple sources of garbage to get into a fuel system.
And your still lugging cans of fuel around and how are you going to get your drum refilled?

Yeah, stuff gets dirty if you don’t keep it clean. As far as filling goes, when empty I put in back of truck and go fill it up. I have a ring with pick up points, I made to lift it out of truck and into building where I keep them.

C0188BE8-A80D-41A3-BB1C-E9982769B718.jpeg

The electric pump and jumper cables that reach the tractor being filled is the rest, keep a can over the nozzle in an effort to keep it clean.

4A85C5E1-9BC2-4152-AB2C-74F2E753DDFF.jpeg

I use the cradle (homemade 3/4” box tube)/valve method for my waste fuel (old gas/e85) from drained tanks (from a business in town), it still works for starting fires and such, a plastic cap on it would keep it clean.

F7A4E027-B1E9-4875-B3D7-312DD5955BB9.jpeg

18C1DED6-09D4-4DA4-B72A-D86B89606D00.jpeg

If you can get your fuel delivered you can go this route and not have to mess with it at all.

2DD613D3-FC0F-4408-AD61-F7836B4A4C5E.jpeg

Last edited: