Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc?

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #12  
And from a site advertiser: Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for Skid Steer Loaders | Skid Steer Solutions

enduraplas-55-gallon-low-profile-fuel-tank-.jpg

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #13  
man, when i purchased mine in 2012, it was $700 incl shipping. prices sure have changed.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #14  
I went with one of these as a solution that is the best I could find for my use case. I got the 58-gallon version and built a pallet for it. It was also $100 less a month ago.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #15  
I made a cart to hold a 26 gal poly tank with a hand pump.

View attachment 779954

It isn't pretty but it's very functional. I roll it up a ramp to load on a trailer and wheel it around to fuel wherever it's needed.
If that sprayer tank has a bottom drain like mine I wouldn't trust it for holding diesel. I'd use a steel or HDPE oil drum.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #16  
If that sprayer tank has a bottom drain like mine I wouldn't trust it for holding diesel. I'd use a steel or HDPE oil drum.
No Drain. It's had diesel in it for over 15 years with no leakage.

I built it from junk I had laying around so it doesn't owe me anything. I really didn't expect it to last this long but I still use it.

I could have used a small steel drum but I want tp keep the center of gravity low to make it more stable while rolling around. It would be too difficult to rig a hand pump to a drum laying on it's side without cutting & welding. There is also the possibility of leakage around the bungs as well as the difficulty in refilling.

The old sprayer tank I had seemed like the easiest build.

Last edited:
   / Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #17  
I bought a rechargeable (with a cellphone charger) pump off Amazon for cheap ($75 or so?). 10 foot hose.

My buddy with his 40 series Deere kinda snickered at it a little bit until the pump for his 100 gallon tank in the bed of his truck took a dump while we were working it. Not sure why. Don't care.

He used my cheap little pump and it worked well. Not as good as his thousand-dollar setup when it worked right but for $75 it worked very well. At least he didn't get a diesel bath trying to hump 5 gallon cans up over his head. Which is very unpleasant. Bigly.

Sometimes 'KISS' (keep it simple stupid) works out. Sometimes not. But for the price of a bottle of good Bourbon.....??

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #18  
I use 55 gallon drums, there are a number of manual and electric pumps already on the market that thread right in the large bung.

Or you can build or buy a cradle and valve that threads into the small hole and lay if over so gravity does the work.

That’s about as cheap and simple as it gets.

E35E85D3-3A87-4D7E-9895-F7344305F477.jpeg

Unless you drive a diesel and can tie into a pressure test port and let the trucks factory tank/pump(s) do the work.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #19  
I use 55 gallon drums, there are a number of manual and electric pumps already on the market that thread right in the large bung.

Or you can build or buy a cradle and valve that threads into the small hole and lay if over so gravity does the work.

That’s about as cheap and simple as it gets.

View attachment 780101

Unless you drive a diesel and can tie into a pressure test port and let the trucks factory tank/pump(s) do the work.
Pretty when it's all clean and dry, but all I see is a dirt and grit magnet and multiple sources of garbage to get into a fuel system.
And your still lugging cans of fuel around and how are you going to get your drum refilled?

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #20  
Pretty when it's all clean and dry, but all I see is a dirt and grit magnet and multiple sources of garbage to get into a fuel system.
And your still lugging cans of fuel around and how are you going to get your drum refilled?
Those roller drum cradles are designed to pivot upright to refill.

73325_2000x2000.jpg

They don't roll very well over rough surfaces though and there is no easy way to attach a pump when the drum is horizontal.