Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc?

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #31  
I can get mine delivered, 350 gal min. I think that will be the next step. I'm keeping an eye out for a tank that won't set me back a set of good dentures. :LOL: :p:LOL:

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #32  
I use a 30 gal HYDE (sp?) plastic barrel (looks like a 55 gal drum, but a little smaller) and use a 12v pump. Since it sounds like you only want to fill your tractor during your visits to your property, it would be a good size to have.

And..you can load/unload it with your FEL (assuming you have one). Strap it into the bed of your pickup, remove it as needed.

I got mine from a local car wash, where they get a bunch of them for the chemicals they use to operate. Rinse it out, let dry, put in diesel.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #33  
When I was building my pond, I was going through a lot of fuel. I found a beat up trailer for super cheap, and a couple of 100 gallon aluminum fuel tanks from semi trucks that had been damaged for next to nothing. I bought a Tractor Supply fuel pump that worked OK, but didn't last very long, so I replaced it with a Northern Tool pump that has worked out well. The fuel filter is from Napa and it has a replicable cartridge that works great.

I cut some boards to create a cradle and I used some metal straps to bolt it into place. I bought a fuel lid from Summit Racing for the tank I use to fill it, and I had a welding shop weld on an aluminum nipple that fit the threads of the electric pump.

I power it from a cigarette lighter plug that I put on all my tractors.

There are two hoses at the bottom of each tank that connect to each other. One is bigger then the other. I just put a fuel line on the existing nipples at the bottom of the tanks so the fuel will flow from the tank that I'm filling, and go into the tank with the fuel pump. Filling starts out pretty fast for the first 150 gallons, but then it gets slower and slower. I put a water spicket on the pump side tank to let air out as the fuel fills up the tank and that helped, but it's still slow getting the fuel to go to the other tank once it gets to a certain point. If I spend the time, I can get 180 gallons, but I've never been able to get much more then that. If I was going through a lot of fuel and filling it a couple times a week, I would usually stop at around 160 gallons or so.

Since finishing the pond 15 years ago, I've only filled it a few times. It's not really worth the time it takes to go to the place that sells Farm Diesel. I same around .30cents a gallon with Farm Diesel, but it's an hour drive to get there, an hour to fill it up, and an hour to get home. Plus the time it takes to just make it all happen. Now I just use 5 gallon yellow cans and fill up two or four at a time and that's proven to be plenty of fuel for what I do. I should sell it, but it's out of the way and not something I've thought about in awhile.

260.jpg

256.jpg

261.jpg

259.jpg

255.jpg

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #34  
   / Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #35  
I use the wheeled fuel caddy also , first thing I did before putting any fuel in it was weld on some lifting rings. I set in on/off trailer or in my truck bed with the lift rings. It works perfectly strapped in the front corner of my 24 ft gooseneck trailer.

Interested. Do you have a pic of your lift rings?

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #36  
Interested. Do you have a pic of your lift rings?
I have the same caddy and just wheel it onto a pallet, strap it to the pallet and use the forks to load and unload.