Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc?

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #1  

ShowroomShine

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Case IH 55A
I need to find a solution for a diesel fuel tank (other than 5 gal cans) to use when I carry my tractors and equipment with me to property I have in another state. I dont want to mount a permanent tank in the truck bed and loose bed space, but I don't want to rely on 5 gal diesel cans to refuel a 25 gallon tractor.

It would be for somewhat infrequent use, once a month or so.

I was thinking one of these slim 36 gallon tanks with a manual pump for simplicity, that way I can secure it to the front of whatever trailer I'm using that day.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #2  
I made a cart to hold a 26 gal poly tank with a hand pump.

P1060336.JPG

It isn't pretty but it's very functional. I roll it up a ramp to load on a trailer and wheel it around to fuel wherever it's needed.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #3  
In the link you posted the product description says > Steel Vertical Transfer Tank is designed for easy transport of non-flammable liquids to the jobsite. Not sure why it would not be suitable but I'd be wary of that disclaimer.
I recently started using a 55 gal plastic barrel. They make screw in hand pumps for these. The barrels are cheap and plentiful

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #4  
I need to find a solution for a diesel fuel tank (other than 5 gal cans) to use when I carry my tractors and equipment with me to property I have in another state. I dont want to mount a permanent tank in the truck bed and loose bed space, but I don't want to rely on 5 gal diesel cans to refuel a 25 gallon tractor.

It would be for somewhat infrequent use, once a month or so.

I was thinking one of these slim 36 gallon tanks with a manual pump for simplicity, that way I can secure it to the front of whatever trailer I'm using that day.

That's the same tank I use in my truck bed. The lift points are not designed to lift the tank when full of fuel. I suspect it would work, but that's what my directions stated.
There are better shaped tanks you could use for moving on and off a trailer, like a cube on a pallet, or a 30g wheeled portable tank.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #5  
Our local Fuel supply company delivers IBC Tote caged containers with diesel to job sites. either 250 or 350 gallon versions. They deliver them using a roll-back type car carrier.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #6  
Our local Fuel supply company delivers IBC Tote caged containers with diesel to job sites. either 250 or 350 gallon versions. They deliver them using a roll-back type car carrier.
Nice (y) Wish my local would do that.

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #7  
Mine is a bit bigger then you mentioned, 300 gallon on a trailer, 12 volt pump.
fuel trailer.jpg

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #8  
I use a 110 gallon aluminum tank in the truck bed with an electric pump but I like yours better

/ Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #9  
New rule here in idaho, No supplimental in bed fuel tank over 99 gallons allowed without special permitting and inspection. Any fuel type. So far im ok with my plastic 55 gal tank, but have been turned down by a few stations because it isnt bolted to bed. There starting to get picky. Heck, mines safer than 10 - 5 gallon cans bouncing around in the bed.

this is my setup. It has elect pump. 55 gallon, attached to pallet for easy loading and unloading.

87201BA5-55ED-4A4A-9B05-7D439D199A2D.jpeg

Attachments

• fule 2.jpg
    fule 2.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 473

Last edited:
   / Anyone have a portable fuel tank for carrying to jobsites/fields etc? #10  
I like that set up grs. Do they make it a bit smaller in a 35 or 25 gallon flavor?