Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor?

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor? #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
I'm thinking about buying the motorcycle lift in the link and extending the width of the platform and base to lift a 20 or so HP Craftsman garden tractor. If anyone here has done this I'd appreciate a description and hopefully a photo plus advice.

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor? #2  
There is a discussion on the following link about modifying a motorcycle lift
to garden tractor table lift.

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor?
There is a discussion on the following link about modifying a motorcycle lift
to garden tractor table lift.
Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of the Wheel Horse forum.

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor? #4  
I have a Handy brand motorcycle lift with side extensions so is 4 ft wide. I use it for lifting mowers. Also have overhead chain hoist for lifting front ends for easier blade changes while on the lift.

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor? #5  
I use a Harbor Freight 120v overhead electric hoist to lift my mowers using a sling strap.

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor? #6  
I'm thinking about buying the motorcycle lift in the link and extending the width of the platform and base to lift a 20 or so HP Craftsman garden tractor. If anyone here has done this I'd appreciate a description and hopefully a photo plus advice.
Stuckmotor,

Have you considered two of the $125 HF lawn mower lifts ( one each end ) for significantly less money than the $600 for motor cycle lift

No need to put effort into increasing the width of the motor cycle lift and you get the same height.

Food for thought.

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor?
Stuckmotor,

Have you considered two of the $125 HF lawn mower lifts ( one each end ) for significantly less money than the $600 for motor cycle lift

No need to put effort into increasing the width of the motor cycle lift and you get the same height.

Food for thought.
I've toyed with something like that. Now you've got me thinking about two of the lift tables or a combination of one of each. I have several small engine contraptions that I need to get up to a more convenient height.

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor? #9  
I've toyed with something like that. Now you've got me thinking about two of the lift tables or a combination of one of each. I have several small engine contraptions that I need to get up to a more convenient height.
Lift tables probably won't go down low enough to get under the mower. I have one of the 1000# capacity tables from HF and love it. It really is useful many more times than I would ever thought. But for a mower lift? I tried that but mine won't go low enough for initial lifting. Once on the table(s), they'd be great if they don't block access to the under-parts you need to work on.
Having a front-end lift on my tractor, I didn't spend a lot of time trying to make the table work for me. I simply snatch the mower up as high as I want and do my thing.

/ Anybody use Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to work on a garden tractor? #10  
What my front end loader is for...
I used to do this:

PXL_20220523_224601113.jpg

Then I got lazy and started doing this:

PXL_20220930_211855692.jpg