Anybody replace the stock seat on a 422 or 425?

/ Anybody replace the stock seat on a 422 or 425? #1  

MuncyBob

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT 422
My stock seat was never the greatest on my back and now it's about worn out(the seat & my back!). Would like to replace with a seat that has some suspension since the 422 doesn't have any besides the tires. Hoping to find one that doesn't require a lot of modification to fit.

/ Anybody replace the stock seat on a 422 or 425? #2  
I think the main issue is that a suspension takes up space between the seat mount and the canopy if you have one, so a lower profile suspension is needed or you'll which your head. If you don't have a canopy, the sky is the limit, literally.

There are a few threads in the PT forums on the subject, but I do not have time to look today. Going to the Scottish Highlands Games SW of Pittsburgh. Woo hoo!

/ Anybody replace the stock seat on a 422 or 425? #3  
K&M seating offers low height suspensions, do does Rural King.

/ Anybody replace the stock seat on a 422 or 425?
Yea, I did a search and nothing came up. No ROP on the 422. K&M has soooo many choices, too bad PT isn't in the drop down menu. Highland games are a blast!
Just did a new search and got results. Some of the seats require a presence switch, but they probably can be installed w/o one?

Last edited:
   / Anybody replace the stock seat on a 422 or 425? #6  
Sorry, the games were SE of Pittsburgh. Saw a lady toss a haggis 92'! (fake haggis, no food was harmed)

/ Anybody replace the stock seat on a 422 or 425? #7  
I made suspension seats for all 3 of my PTs. I just got parts from a top quality lawn tractor, typically a Cub Cadet from the 70s, as they have a U type springs about 1" of travel.

/ Anybody replace the stock seat on a 422 or 425? #10  
With no ROPS, you have a ton of options. Here is a link to my modification but I would go with a full suspension seat unless pedal reach is an issue with one. I am not familiar with the 422/425 seat setups.

Ken