Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #102  
A fellow at a local sawmill had brake problems like yours. He mounted a disc brake on the drive line (3/4 ton pickup disc) and used a standard hydraulic master cylinder. That gave him a gear reduction on the braking. It does what he wants, so there are other ways to "Skin the Cat".

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?
A fellow at a local sawmill had brake problems like yours. He mounted a disc brake on the drive line (3/4 ton pickup disc) and used a standard hydraulic master cylinder. That gave him a gear reduction on the braking. It does what he wants, so there are other ways to "Skin the Cat".
When I first pulled this out of the farmer's yard and brought it to the waiting lowboy to transport back to my place, to brake I dropped the bucket. Slowing down before dropping the bucket, it still took ten feet to stop which underscored to me the importance of getting all six, four-piston calipers clamping onto all four disk brakes. That said, my parking brake is mounted onto a driveshaft, and that type of system is serviceable if it is strong enough for the application. For me, I wanted the stock system up and running so I know the brakes will hold on a hill.

Still plenty to fix, but now its getting some stuff done as well.

My Hough Pay Loader got put to work this summer doing odd jobs that went largely unrecorded. Now with the arrival of fall, my Hough came home and since I do not have a heated shop, I've scrambled to catch up with overdue maintenance as well as to continue to replace damaged or missing parts. I'm hoping that this spring I can tackle popping the engine cover off and going after several soft hydraulic hoses, fixing a weird, aftermarket coolant heater leak, getting the shutter-stat on the radiator working again for cold weather, as well as reconstructing the entire rear wiring harness.

My slow summer-only restoration of my Hough Payloader continues. This coming summer, I hope to pop off the engine cowling and replace the engine wiring harness as well as replace the existing Racor 900 water separator with a heated water-fuel separator as I have aspirations of running this during winter for commercial snow removal at some point in the future.