Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I'm going to be going and looking at (from the photo from the seller) what looks like an H90 International Payloader from lates 70s or early 80s. It is powered by a Navistar DT466 and has a leaking air brake valve under the brake pedal. Anything I should be sure to look at or know about? The price is right and so I thought I'd buy it, fix the brakes, service the heck out of it, use it to knock over some trees to make a building pad and relocate 40 yards of t'was beaver lodge and then sell it going into the fall for a profit. Or so goes the plan.

I know nothing about these machines. Am I about to step on a pile of rakes?

I cannot share the seller's photo, but this Houghs looks just like the machine I'm going to go look at.

Used Construction, Farm, Fleet, and Government Equipment For Sale | Auctions | Purple Wave

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?
If everything turns out to be what I think it is when we replace the batteries and start it up after the snow melts, I'll be purchasing an International/Hough H80 Payloader. The machine looks just like the one in the video below but the one I'm buying has a rebuilt turbo Navistar DT466 engine (preferred) rather than the crank-ticking (what looks like a) Cummins in the video.

I'm told that the one I plan to purchase is a '78, so a Houghs H-80B. My immediate problem (especially since I must bring stuff to the machine, and not rework the battery trays) is finding the right 12v 7.7" x 8.5" x 19" pair of 4D batteries on the cheap. I did find a cross-reference battery brand table on the internet. I'm going to call my local battery, Fleet, Fleet Pride, and local Napas stores on Monday to see if I can find a pair of nice maintenance-free batteries.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #5  
Try a CAT dealer if one is close....

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #7  
I'm told that the one I plan to purchase is a '78, so a Houghs H-80B. My immediate problem (especially since I must bring stuff to the machine, and not rework the battery trays) is finding the right 12v 7.7" x 8.5" x 19" pair of 4D batteries on the cheap. I did find a cross-reference battery brand table on the internet. I'm going to call my local battery, Fleet, Fleet Pride, and local Napas stores on Monday to see if I can find a pair of nice maintenance-free batteries.

Those aren’t 4D dimensions. 4D batteries are 9-7/8 high. If you really need 4DLT batteries Tractor Supply is about the cheapest around for them.

Those aren’t 4D dimensions. 4D batteries are 9-7/8 high. If you really need 4DLT batteries Tractor Supply is about the cheapest around for them.

Thanks Rick. Insofar as I know, every one of these batteries is made by the same outfit. TS has them for $179.00

Now that I know of a source for the pair of 4D batteries, I want to turn my attention to one of the known issues. The H-80 loader uses an air over hydraulic braking system. One of the valves (Parking brake?) under the lefthand foot pedal tends to leak air requiring a long idle time to build up pressure. After an odyssey of phone calls to Case Construction USA, and two local Case Construction dealers, I found out that the parts "books" had been sold to Kamastsu and so parts for these older loaders come from Kamastsu dealers these days with some potential for cross-referencing back to Case Construction. My local Komatsu dealer is emailing me copies of the relevant parts pages so I can puzzle out what I need.

Documenting on the internet for the benefit of the next guy.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #10  
You can try this place they are a IH , Dressta , Hough what ever they are now dealer my buddy has a 90 and a 120 and a newer IH 530. Some parts are hard to find ,He loves them big old dinosaurs....:) Winmill Equipment Co. Inc.