Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground?

/ Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
I didn't know where to post this and this forum was the closest. Anyway, I am going to install a Cycle Stop Valve. I have two choices, either down the well casing or in the ground at the same level as the pitless adapter, which is where the water comes out of the well casing. The web site that sells the Cycle Stop Valve states that the valve leaks a little bit of water when operating. If I install the valve after the pitless adapter it will be below ground level about a foot and a half. I could dig below the pipe coming from the pitless adapter and dump in a bunch of gravel to make a dry well. In the winter the dry well would probably be flooded because of the rain we get here just north of Seattle. In the summer the ground is pretty dry here. What I would like to know is how much water really leaks from the valve during operation and if it would be a problem if it was surrounded by saturated dirt. I would like any real world experiences anybody here has. I trust the folks selling the Cycle Stop Valve even though I have not yet bought the valve. They have good reviews, and the guy who just replaced my well pump, pipe, and wiring likes them. But some real world experiences would be great in order for me to choose whether to bury the valve, which seems like it would be easier, or pulling the well pump in order to install the valve inside the well casing.
Thanks,
Eric

/ Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #2  
I'm not familiar with them, can it be installed inside the house?

/ Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #4  
The owner of Cyclestop posts on here regularly... I expect he will be along soon...

/ Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #5  
Personally in my portion of country it's pretty common to have all the hardware (CSV) and anything else outside of well casing.... IF CSV is in well casing then if there is a problem you are going to have to have well company come and do the service, if all is above ground then its easy accessible for anyone to do service ... We don't even use pitless adapter, generally output of pump is plumbed directly out top of well casing to pressure switch so "everything" is above ground...

Last edited:
   / Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #6  
I would imagine the vast majority are above ground. The CSV125 is made so it can be installed within the well but that certainly makes them hard to replace.
The CSV1A is made for above ground.
I have the CSV125 on my utility well and a CSV1A inside the house. Both near the pressure tanks.
csv-125-both.jpg
CSV1A.JPG

/ Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #7  
I installed a CSV1A near my pressure tank inside my basement. Been using it for 10 months now. It works exactly as advertised. I've got a 40 gallon pressure tank so I still have some variation in water pressure, but for extended usage like running a garden hose it stays at 52 psi for as long as I want. I'd never install a submersible pump without one.

/ Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #8  
   / Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #9  
   / Anybody here have a Cycle Stop Valve installed above ground? #10  
Which "law" might that be ?
They advertise Jet pumps that draw from 100 feet.