any body have a Hardy tractor

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #1  

farmer_boy

any body heard of a Hardy tractor or had any problems with the tracter or finding parts or service or now any thing about the company china diesel imports ?

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #2  
farmer boy, I've never heard anything good about a Chinese import, except price. There's bound to be some good things though or they wouldn't be able to keep selling them. But I don't think I've heard the brand name Hardy at all, though.

Bird

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #4  
The hardydiesel.com site and chinadiesel.com site are identical. What do they call it? Mirror sites? This one was a new one on me too, and I've been searching the internet for info on chinese tractors for about the last two weeks. I'll say this, the Hardy site has more info on the tractors than most of the others.
ErnieB

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #5  
ErnieB, what was your impression on the implements and pricing of said implements? I haven't looked at enough of the new items to have a feel for that.

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #6  
Scruffy, they have some pretty unique implements, like the FEL mounted trencher. The price seems resonable if it works. The FEL if bought separately seems a little high to me. I'm dubious of its listed lifting capacity, that I think was something over 1400 lbs. Man, thats almost 3/4 of a ton. Maybe I should go back and recheck that, maybe it was grams?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif The other implements I did'nt see a price on, but the best deals seem to be the package deals.
ErnieB

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ERNIEB on 10/18/00 10:50 PM.</FONT></P>

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #7  
Ernie, they had a wood splitter (3 pt) for 600 or so that looked ok, not bad looking equipment, but the prices were listed (that I saw) for three different grades of implements (from light duty to heavy duty).

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #8  
Scruffy, I didn't get a chance to respond last night, but what I was going to say was that the problem with this Chinese equipment is that it is hard to find feed back from owners. Lo and behold, this AM I come back and find a post "Hardy problems" If you have'nt read that you need to check it out.
ErnieB

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #9  
This mysterious Chinese tractor stuff is interesting to follow, but I don't understand why anyone would actually consider buying one, even if it is cheap. Would anyone buy a Chinese car just because it was cheap? Not me. I'd buy a used brand name car.

Glenn

/ any body have a Hardy tractor #10  
Ernie, I caught that right after it was posted. I have no desire for a Hardy tractor, but I was interested in their implement pricing on the hardydiesel.com link. Some seemed decent, but the quality was questionable. Such as their 3pt auger at $586 (?). Looked pretty flimsey to me.