Another good one from Project Farm-Lead acid batteries

/ Another good one from Project Farm-Lead acid batteries #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
I had never heard of this, using a welder to revive a dead lead acid battery. Leave it to Project Farm to make a video about it. Welders can certainly supply plenty of amps. I have a battery that I'm gonna try this on. He also tried epsom salts to revive a battery and it did not work. I have had people tell me they did it and it worked great. I'm not sure they used the same method as Project Farm did. He also tried a de-sulfator. I have read about this for years and there are all sorts of circuits published online. I have had people swear to me that they tried it and it worked. Project Farm had no success. Anyway, another good video by Project Farm. I wish he would talk a little slower though, he always sounds like he is in a hurry.
Eric

/ Another good one from Project Farm-Lead acid batteries #4  
Sounds like another story that got started by the group of old men who gather and tell stories at the coffee house every morning. It's a good way to make a battery explode.

/ Another good one from Project Farm-Lead acid batteries #5  
It's a good way to make a battery explode
Same thing I was thinking. His videos and reviews are one of the best on the net so I was disappointed when he did this one. But, I guess on the other hand, it may save someone else doing the same thing, scary non-the -less.
I've blown up a couple batteries in my time from welding or burning too close to them, makes a mess for sure and scares the crap outa you.

/ Another good one from Project Farm-Lead acid batteries #6  
I have done a lot of crazy things in my time but hooking a welder to a battery IS NOT going to be one of them even if it does appear to help. Most I have ever done for a dying battery is give each cell two aspirin (literally), a slow charge and check it in the morning. I wish he had tested that, it has in the past, extended the life of the battery by a few months for me.

/ Another good one from Project Farm-Lead acid batteries #8  
Hook a welder to a battery??
Better get someone to hold your beer first.

/ Another good one from Project Farm-Lead acid batteries #9  
well, i guess trying to save $100 is worth it.....as long as you dont mind risking your life , or loss of vision. ive placed some batteries on de sulfide chargers in the past with mixed results. would use them for non essential things like fuel transfer pumps. not for reuse in my car or truck.

/ Another good one from Project Farm-Lead acid batteries #10  
my ATV battery is 11 years old and still going well. and it gets plugged into a battery tender de-sulfator a few times a year and my tractor battery is original and going on 11 years and just load tested good this spring. My tractor gets plugged into the same de-sulfator but much more often. pretty much all the time, atleast during the winter when tractor time means being able to get out of the drive way.

Lawn tractor battery has been a little worse. it is on its second one and the tractor is a 2014 model (both JD OEM batteries)