Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #11  
I never knew what a Tablet was until I got a Tab A on a special discount program for $20. I kinda like it, but they'll never replace a full PC. No Sim card slot, so no cell capabilities.

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #12  
By tapping the icon that takes me into settings to increase brightness. This fix often lasts for months then happens again.
I've been using a fire tablet for quite some and they work good. They will get bogged down with to many pictures and downloads.
How often do you refresh or restart ? I have to do mine once a day or more. Or better yet turn it off every so often. Helps keep things going.

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #13  
I have had a series of fire tablets over the years. They have some problems because of the variation of the OS. Some apps just will not work well. Once the current one dies, I will try to get a high end Samsung.

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason
I've been using a fire tablet for quite some and they work good. They will get bogged down with to many pictures and downloads.
How often do you refresh or restart ? I have to do mine once a day or more. Or better yet turn it off every so often. Helps keep things going.
I do all the things you've mentioned at least daily and also clean the junk files before it'll do somethings like posting photos to Gmail. The Fire 10 I'm using now keeps telling me I need to reseat my SD card on startup then it does things that make me think it's recognizing the SD card. I think I'll order a new SD card and see how many problems that solves.

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #15  
Oh wow! And I was just looking at a Fire Tablet because they were on sale
Even mine doing funky things when I grab the corner I'm still glad I bought it. Clarity is great, it's fast and battery will last well over 2 weeks just sitting there if I dont use it.
Like I had said in another post, first thing you have to do is blow up all the Amazon branded software/crap that's on it. If you don't you'll be cursing forever.
This is what I used, simple, effective, no complaints at all. I used it on my 10"HD as well as my grandaughters 2 year old 7" tablet: [WINDOWS][TOOL]Fire Toolbox V30.2

Even mine doing funky things when I grab the corner I'm still glad I bought it. Clarity is great, it's fast and battery will last well over 2 weeks just sitting there if I dont use it.
Like I had said in another post, first thing you have to do is blow up all the Amazon branded software/crap that's on it. If you don't you'll be cursing forever.
This is what I used, simple, effective, no complaints at all. I used it on my 10"HD as well as my grandaughters 2 year old 7" tablet: [WINDOWS][TOOL]Fire Toolbox V30.2
When you say you "blow up" the Amazon software is that the same as "rooting" the tablet?

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #17  
When you say you "blow up" the Amazon software is that the same as "rooting" the tablet?
Nope, bad choice of terms on my part...sorry, it just ticks me off the stunts they pull.
The software that I posted a link to disables the amazon software (it can't be removed from what I've read as it's written right into the Android OS). It also also allows you to install the Play Store and any other software .APK's you wish, unlike the non-modified tablet which limits you to software that Amazon deems fit for a tablet that you own.
It basically allows you to to use the tablet as an Android tablet which it is actually, just without the Amazon tendrils woven into the OS preventing you doing what you want to.
Even my granddaughters 7" tablet was a joke when she was initially trying to use it. Popups, preinstalled 'free' games that would try and entice the kid to get her mother to pay for versions of crap games, it was a joke really. I can't image the amount of stuff that was running in the background as the battery would last maybe a couple hours, now it's good for 5 at a minimum with her using it steady.

Nope, bad choice of terms on my part...sorry, it just ticks me off the stunts they pull.
The software that I posted a link to disables the amazon software (it can't be removed from what I've read as it's written right into the Android OS). It also also allows you to install the Play Store and any other software .APK's you wish, unlike the non-modified tablet which limits you to software that Amazon deems fit for a tablet that you own.
It basically allows you to to use the tablet as an Android tablet which it is actually, just without the Amazon tendrils woven into the OS preventing you doing what you want to.
Even my granddaughters 7" tablet was a joke when she was initially trying to use it. Popups, preinstalled 'free' games that would try and entice the kid to get her mother to pay for versions of crap games, it was a joke really. I can't image the amount of stuff that was running in the background as the battery would last maybe a couple hours, now it's good for 5 at a minimum with her using it steady.
Thank you. I may try the links you provided. I've attempted things like that as well as rooting without success and finally gave up for fear of bricking the tablet.

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #19  
..... finally gave up for fear of bricking the tablet
Yup. I played around with the Fire tablet to make sure I could put it back to factory in case something broke and I could so I had no worries about running the software to de-Amazon it.
I would have rooted my phone but my banking app wouldn't work on a phone that has been rooted so I didn't bother.