AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #1  

alylea

Tractor
JD LX280
Looks like the parent company of Massey Ferguson is not having a good day.

"Tim Brannon, president and owner of B&G Equipment Inc in Tennessee, told Reuters he has not been able to access AGCO's website for ordering and looking up parts since Thursday morning."

AGCO ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season

1652116784916.png

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #2  
maybe thats why HP was working on agco stuff since thursday night
parts lookups work fine for me now, but thats not production facility stuff of course.

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #3  
Until the payment of ransom is illegal this will continue.

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #4  
agco put a statement on their website

May 06, 2022

AGCO, Your Agriculture Company (NYSE:AGCO), a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment, announced today that on May 5, 2022, it was subject to a ransomware attack that has impacted some of its production facilities. AGCO is still investigating the extent of the attack, but it is anticipated that its business operations will be adversely affected for several days and potentially longer to fully resume all services depending upon how quickly the Company is able to repair its systems. The Company will provide updates as the situation progresses.

Cautionary Statements Regarding Forward-Looking Information

Our expectations with regard to resolving the issues are forward-looking statements, and actual results could be materially different due to a number of factors, including our ability to successfully reinstall software and restore IT operations at the effected sites.
good article mentions France being hit hard
according to reports in the French media, the Massey Ferguson tractor production lines in Beauvais, north of Paris, were shut down at the end of last week and the assembly line workers were sent home after servers at the facility were rendered inaccessible. And according to German media reports, workers in the Bavarian production facilities of AGCO's Fendt brand haven't come into work as the IT outage continues.

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #5  
Thats sad. AGCO brands is a damn good company.

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #6  
The company I work for was hit with that stuff.
They chose to buy all new devices instead of pay.

Damn RWare parasites.

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #7  
Until the payment of ransom is illegal this will continue.
Yeah, just like murders!

Ohh wait.

Most of the time these aren't US actors, making payments illegal is telling the business how they need to operate. If I was gonna tell a business what to do, I'd be more inclined to make it illegal to use computers :ROFLMAO:

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #8  
The company I work for was hit with that stuff.
They chose to buy all new devices instead of pay.

Damn RWare parasites.
new devices does not regain your database.
its a large issue as anyone thats run servers/cdns/edge units realizes.

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #9  
new devices does not regain your database.
its a large issue as anyone thats run servers/cdns/edge units realizes.
Remote backups cover that issue.

/ AGCO (MF) ransomware attack disrupts tractor sales during U.S. planting season #10  
Remote backups cover that issue.
when did incursion happen vs when did incursion present itself?
obvious you have never dealt with this.
I've dealt with stuff where the package was in place 8 months before the incursion presented itself.
when incursion is in place, yet not activated, every backup is useless yet...you won't know it.
remote backups my ass.

EDIT: well...turns out I misjudged poster I replied to. that person seems to be heavily involved.
I apologize.

Last edited: