AGCO ALLIS 5670 STEERING REPAIR

/ AGCO ALLIS 5670 STEERING REPAIR #1  

jthibodeau89

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4300, Agco Allis 5670
My 5670 4x4 tractor looks like it has blown a seal in the right side steering cylinder. It it streaming fluid when i turn left (extend cyl). Anybody out there familiar on how to repair one of these cylinders. Tractor is down until this is fixed.

/ AGCO ALLIS 5670 STEERING REPAIR
Had both steering and both 3pt lift cylinders rebuilt, including bushings. Tractor is back up and running fine. Now if i could just see the oil in the sight glass. Put in about 8 gals.

/ AGCO ALLIS 5670 STEERING REPAIR #3  
Make sure you check the oil with the 3 point lowered. That will give you an accurate reading.

How much did it cost to get the cylinders rebuilt?

SR

Total for all 4 cylinders was $545. Labor was $68ea. The rest was parts.

3pt up or down, i still can't tell if the oil is at the sight glass. I really wish it had a dip stick. Will need too pull the sight glass this winter and clean it.

/ AGCO ALLIS 5670 STEERING REPAIR #5  
Thanks for the answer...

As for the sight glass, I have no problem seeing the oil in mine, maybe it's the oil I use? I only use CIH HYtran in mine... And, I keep it clean, I assume that keeps the glass clean...

SR

It's possible i missed it going past the glass and now it's over full. I could hear pump cavitatiing when i shut it down, but never lost 3 pt lift or power steering. Didn't start checking sight glass until after first 5 gal bucket was in.

/ AGCO ALLIS 5670 STEERING REPAIR #7  
Well, I "think" it holds something like 15 gallons, not exactly sure of the number though...

SR

I'll check my owners and service manuals, but i think you may be correct.

/ AGCO ALLIS 5670 STEERING REPAIR #9  
Had both steering and both 3pt lift cylinders rebuilt, including bushings. Tractor is back up and running fine. Now if i could just see the oil in the sight glass. Put in about 8 gals.
How hard was it to remove the cylinder? I have the same problem but have not tried to take it off yet to rebuild.