After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar

/ After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar #1  

cabover4us

Silver Member
Tractor
1987 john deere 855 sold and bought a YT235 Yanmar, love this tractor
Some background on the purchase, tractor, 130 loader and BH75. Originally, speced out unit with 60" deck, after some troubles from the dealership as to whether it needed a specific hydro unit to pickup the mower deck, ordered and quoted wrong one, many calls to manufacture to find out once and for all which hydraulic lift I'd need for this tractor to lift 60" mower deck. Total rear tire width is 62" inches, AND a huge problem was pointed out that, if I wanted to mow guess what? The whole backhoe mounting system has to come off for a belly mower.... That's not happening.. So I scraped the belly mower idea to just forgo that item on the receipt, which ended up over $1950 , plus $460 so, $2500 off the bill, but going forward to buy three point 72".
Driver stayed an hour showing me the whole tractor and all the options and features, quite a change from the 1987 John Deere 855, even though I was thinking of selling JD, loader, and belly mower outright and my brother in law gets the backhoe, put that money towards the bill... Hopefully knocks down $13,000 off the total. Yesterday, earlier before unit was delivered, stopped in to my insurance agent. I wanted quote on a life and disability policy on new tractor, they don't sell disability policy's...? What? So now what? So more research as to who and where I go for that...
But for now I will be enjoying using my new tractor, just in time for snow, can't wait for a two footer to show up..
I did ask dealer if they could switch BH75 for a Woods BH80 and said no way from Yanmar, why? 80s just a tad bigger. He did say if I went Kabota the options are alot better and more wide spread. Yanmar seems to have set packages with no wiggle room as to larger pieces of backhoe and loader picks. But I will keep an open mind as to the operation and performance and keep you guys up on how things are going. 1509795567650.jpg

/ After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar #2  
So jealous man. Spent all day trying to fix my 8N and been dropping hints to the wife about getting a new YT235. Can't wait for the day when the stars align and I can go get me that new Yanmar.

Probably a blessing in disguise about the mid mount mower. They get in the way, reduce ground clearance, and cost as much as a riding mower.

Post some more pics of that thing!

Last edited:
   / After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar #3  
Awesome machine, congratulations!! More pictures!

/ After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar #4  
So jealous man. Spent all day trying to fix my 8N and been dropping hints to the wife about getting a new YT235. Can't wait for the day when the stars align and I can go get me that new Yanmar.

Probably a blessing in disguise about the mid mount mower. They get in the way, reduce ground clearance, and cost as much as a riding mower.

Post some more pics of that thing!

I use to have the same problem. Got rid of it 16 years ago and now I buy what I want when I want. Lol

/ After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar #5  
   / After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar
Well after a few years I still love this tractor, yesterday evening waiting for young people to show up and help load 52 chairs and 8 round tables. It's 3pm 4pm, looking up road nobody, little did I know my wife was inside texting and talking to the helping Crew . (Family)
Son of a gun where is everyone? So in normal way of living got old yanmar out and started loading 7 stacks of chairs using 2 Rachel straps that worked relatively well also did the tables 2 or 3 at a time double straped. I pick up loader slowly and evenly while backing slow steering gently to the right to a 90 degree turning hard left driving towards the garage look over to front door glass and see my wife in the door glass talking on phone, that's not good. Finally everything's in there loaded and strapped tight, in the end I put in the 20' x 40' tent we bought few years ago for my middle child's (daughter) party her friends thru her. Wedding and reception was held at the Elks Club in Greenwich. We decided to have it at our home and this Aleko Tent was awesome. But you'll need at least 6 to 8 people to put up. Deb a d I finally got underway to Ivy's. We get unloaded, getting dark, and I realized I forgot the instructions for putting together, omgosh!!! Some quick thinking daughter in law called Alkeo in Washington State just before closing to have instructions emailed. Saved the day and frustration. We worked until 09:30 last night getting everything straighted out and then left. Friday will be cooking day for Saturdays party for my oldest daughter turning 40. In and amongst all these details that yanmar is a perfect little tractor for me.
I would like to do a couple updates though, an additional step on passengers side and add front and rear hydraulics remotes. The bucket grapple looks like it would be neat in moving trees and brush. Rear would be to put a cylinder on the mechanical thumb. I will say one thing about ordering this tractor, getting bundled up for winter snowblowing, I should have bought a cab. Last year's 36" of snowfall in one swoop was an all day and night event. I pushed as much as the old Chevy could push and rest of the storm was with the Woods 60" snowblower. Worked relatively well, through 25 feet throwing distance or so would like to investigate a speed increaser from Pronavost Manufacturing up in Quebec. Emailed a few times, no response yet, probably have to visit a dealer in Greenwich who carries their products. Well you've witnessed it, this is what rambling is like when you can't sleep.
Charlie was on the couch with me but left as I couldn't keep scratching him he gets impatient and left. He always needs to be touched, I've spoiled him, Boxer/Saint Bernard mix about 60 pounds has head of a boxer, body colors of a saint.
Prayers are with all the Florida people dealing with these huge hurricanes. My sister, and brother in law and their extended families are in Florida also.

/ After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar
I have a question for you guys and gals, on bucket I want to add chain hooks just like my old JD855, but would you recommend putting flat plate down first and then welding on hook? Or hook directly welded to bucket. On my JD855 to top of the bucket had a folded end on top and I added 3/8" angle iron to top edge and it stiffened it up nicely added 3 hooks left, right and center, oh that worked perfectly. Granted the small loader only picked up around 600 pounds, that's 600lbs I didn't have to man handle.
Another note, as a job I drive with a co-driver and deliver argon but we pick up product in Nanticoke, Ontario. I would guess almost everyone's home we pass either has a tractor or new huge garage or both. These people love their tractors and garages as do we here in the states. Almost time to mount snowblower.

/ After four weeks, I finally took delivery of a YT235 Yanmar #8  
I just recently bought bolt-on hooks for my Kenbota from Amazon. They came welded on a plate, nuts, bolts and a backing plate. All I had to do was drill two holes. Well, four holes actually--It came as a set of two.