Adding a loader, where/how can I tap into hydraulics?

/ Adding a loader, where/how can I tap into hydraulics? #1  

dntfxr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford, LS
The tractor is my 76 JD2040 which is open center. I'm going to put a used loader on it and I'd like to mount the valve on the loader so I'll only have two lines going to the tractor. If possible I'd like to put quick connects so I can remove the loader if I need to. Anyone familiar with how/where to connect in? Thanks for any help

/ Adding a loader, where/how can I tap into hydraulics?
Alright so I've been researching this and I've discovered that deere offered a hydraulic filter cover with a return port built in. Mine doesn't have this port but I've located one online. Would this be the best way to return the fluid? I'll check in my repair manual and see if there are any ports on the case somewhere for the pressure side. Hopefully some of the experienced deere members will see this thread and give me a push in the right direction. Any help is appreciated

/ Adding a loader, where/how can I tap into hydraulics? #3  
When you install the loader, you will probably have three hoses from the loader.

INPUT hose

OUT hose

PB hose.

When you remove the loader, you connect the INPUT hose to the PB hose, and that restores the series flow from pump to the rest of the hyd. Plug the RETURN hose to the loader.

Hydraulics:
Type: open center (early)
closed center (late)
Capacity: 7.9 gal [29.9 L]
Valves: 1
Pump flow: 13.5 gpm [51.1 lpm]

/ Adding a loader, where/how can I tap into hydraulics? #4  
Alright so I've been researching this and I've discovered that deere offered a hydraulic filter cover with a return port built in. Mine doesn't have this port but I've located one online.

Here's a schematic of the way JD plumbed the loader hyd valve on an open-center system. A ported filter cover isn't needed on an OC system but is required on a CC system. The manifold(parts key #28) is still available from JD.
W21205 MANIFOLD ADD 283.93 USD

Attachments

• WP1704_________UN01JAN94.gif
    WP1704_________UN01JAN94.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 755
   / Adding a loader, where/how can I tap into hydraulics?
Awesome thanks guys. Just to be clear, in the schematic, which part is the manifold?

/ Adding a loader, where/how can I tap into hydraulics? #6  
Parts key # 17 in this photo.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 261