I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush.
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there.
I did not die.

-Mary Elizabeth Frye

Due to a loss, but I thought very fitting words from someone I never knew about.

/ A very nice poem #3  
Nice poem. My mom told us many times that if she died, don't spend a lot of time at the cemetery because she wouldn't be there. The older I get, the more I appreciate her guidance on that subject. :)

However, I do sneak a glance at her gravestone several times a week because I can see it from the road as I drive by. Oooo would she be mad. :rolleyes:

/ A very nice poem #4  
I'm fairly sure I posted this many years ago...:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our generation will be known for nothing.
Never will anybody say,
We were the peak of mankind.
That is wrong, the truth is
Our generation was a failure.
Thinking that
We actually succeeded
Is a waste. And we know
Living only for money and power
Is the way to go.
Being loving, respectful, and kind
Is a dumb thing to do.
Forgetting about that time,
Will not be easy, but we will try.
Changing our world for the better
Is something we never did.
Giving up
Was how we handled our problems.
Working hard
Was a joke.
We knew that
People thought we couldn't come back
That might be true,
Unless we turn things around
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now if you're from an earlier generation read it from the bottom up...!

/ A very nice poem
Nice poem. My mom told us many times that if she died, don't spend a lot of time at the cemetery because she wouldn't be there. The older I get, the more I appreciate her guidance on that subject. :)

However, I do sneak a glance at her gravestone several times a week because I can see it from the road as I drive by. Oooo would she be mad. :rolleyes:

Thing is, my mom is burried with 4 of my uncles in a "national cemetary" that's about 8 hours north of us per drive time, and when my dad (who's living with us now) goes, that is where he wants to be, next to my mother. Honestly, I don't get up there often.

My father who grew up hard core catholic in his youth, now wants to be cremated now after seeing how easy it was with his one sister. I had to look, the doctrine has changed per the catholic church as cremation is permissible depending on where the ashes are kept (go figure).

That said, being the sinner I am, my ashes hopefully will be spread in Utah, Idaho, NC, Pa and Maine (only hope my boys work hard enough to be able to afford it:laughing:).

/ A very nice poem
I'm fairly sure I posted this many years ago...:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our generation will be known for nothing.
Never will anybody say,
We were the peak of mankind.
That is wrong, the truth is
Our generation was a failure.
Thinking that
We actually succeeded
Is a waste. And we know
Living only for money and power
Is the way to go.
Being loving, respectful, and kind
Is a dumb thing to do.
Forgetting about that time,
Will not be easy, but we will try.
Changing our world for the better
Is something we never did.
Giving up
Was how we handled our problems.
Working hard
Was a joke.
We knew that
People thought we couldn't come back
That might be true,
Unless we turn things around
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now if you're from an earlier generation read it from the bottom up...!

VERY GOOD!

Truth be told, I was originally about to respond differently until I read "Now if you're from an earlier generaltion read it from the bottom up".

/ A very nice poem #7  
Thing is, my mom is burried with 4 of my uncles in a "national cemetary" that's about 8 hours north of us per drive time, and when my dad (who's living with us now) goes, that is where he wants to be, next to my mother. Honestly, I don't get up there often.

My father who grew up hard core catholic in his youth, now wants to be cremated now after seeing how easy it was with his one sister. I had to look, the doctrine has changed per the catholic church as cremation is permissible depending on where the ashes are kept (go figure).

That said, being the sinner I am, my ashes hopefully will be spread in Utah, Idaho, NC, Pa and Maine (only hope my boys work hard enough to be able to afford it:laughing:).

I often wonder how people deal with loved ones buried so far away. All of my siblings moved away. I've never asked them about it, because I'd hate to come across as trying to make them feel guilty. I just wonder if they ever think about it. All of my friends from childhood moved away. My folks and their folks are buried here. Heck, as mentioned, I can not only see my mom's grave from the road, but my dad, both of his parents, his sister and her husband, several cousins, my grandmother's parents, a couple of her sisters, my father-in-law... yikes. Having never left the area, I know no other thing.

However, my mom did give me that out, as she's not there. What irks me, however, is if I leave, the cemetery will not take care of their graves. Every spring I go out and plant flowers as my once a year visit. The stones are moved, run over by lawn mowers, chipped, weeds, dead trees, etc... and I have to get on the cemetery to take care of it. If I were a rich man, I'd be tempted to exhume the entire family and move them to a more well-run cemetery.

I'd like to be cremated and have some of my ashes sprinkled on the area where we bury our pets, some in the creek, and the rest in an urn buried near my in-laws and wife if and when she goes. I suspect she will outlive me and spend our money with her V2 boy-man-husband, and I'm fine with that, as she put up with me for so long, she should get whatever she wants. :)

I want my kids to move to wherever they find peace and happiness and not have to think about tending gravestones. I never tell them the problems we have with that cemetery, because I don't want them fussing over us when we're dead. So I've always told them to not worry about it, because I'm not there. ;) Anyhow, now they can see me from space. :laughing:

/ A very nice poem
I often wonder how people deal with loved ones buried so far away. All of my siblings moved away. I've never asked them about it, because I'd hate to come across as trying to make them feel guilty. I just wonder if they ever think about it. All of my friends from childhood moved away. My folks and their folks are buried here. Heck, as mentioned, I can not only see my mom's grave from the road, but my dad, both of his parents, his sister and her husband, several cousins, my grandmother's parents, a couple of her sisters, my father-in-law... yikes. Having never left the area, I know no other thing.

However, my mom did give me that out, as she's not there. What irks me, however, is if I leave, the cemetery will not take care of their graves. Every spring I go out and plant flowers as my once a year visit. The stones are moved, run over by lawn mowers, chipped, weeds, dead trees, etc... and I have to get on the cemetery to take care of it. If I were a rich man, I'd be tempted to exhume the entire family and move them to a more well-run cemetery.

I'd like to be cremated and have some of my ashes sprinkled on the area where we bury our pets, some in the creek, and the rest in an urn buried near my in-laws and wife if and when she goes. I suspect she will outlive me and spend our money with her V2 boy-man-husband, and I'm fine with that, as she put up with me for so long, she should get whatever she wants. :)

I want my kids to move to wherever they find peace and happiness and not have to think about tending gravestones. I never tell them the problems we have with that cemetery, because I don't want them fussing over us when we're dead. So I've always told them to not worry about it, because I'm not there. ;) Anyhow, now they can see me from space. :laughing:

The way I see it, my mom isn't in some place in the ground, she's in my heart due to what she meant to me (I don't need to see where she is burried to know what she means to myself).

I've only been married for 17 years now, but the way I see it, down the road, at least sprinkle some of my ashes around my wifes ashes :laughing:

Although my dad is pushing 90, and is now fine with being cremated (when in HIS past it was a "sin" and he's now fine with it), I can understand why he would want his ashes next to my mother in the cemetery.

/ A very nice poem #9  
Sigarms - that is a nice, thoughtful poem. My ashes will be placed right next to my wife's, here on the property.

/ A very nice poem #10  
The State of Cali just relaxed their air quality regulations to allow for more cremations.

My friends family was in the cemetery business, i actually helped cremate an old guy once.

The memory I'm left with is beating the metal hinges off the coffin that looked like it should have been in a Beverly Hills furniture store.