820 Diesel Utility tractor (Mannheim)

/ 820 Diesel Utility tractor (Mannheim) #1  

JESSE1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 6400
Went to a local tractor show and there was an 820 for sale. Decent tractor, owned locally. Surface rust, needs new steering wheel. Front of hood was dented. Almost new tires. Owner priced it at $4500. I'm thinking about going back to drive it but wanted to know what these tractors are worth and if they are good utility tractors. I'm wanting to get a 4020 for show but this little tractor would be useful and easy to take to a show.

/ 820 Diesel Utility tractor (Mannheim) #2  
Show us a pic of the 820, maybe can give you a good/better "what is it worth" answer.

/ 820 Diesel Utility tractor (Mannheim) #3  
Majority of JD 820's sold new did not have power steering. They were very good tractors when I sold new 820's. Deliver them & rarely would one return for warranty repair. IMHO $4500 is over priced for a 820 BUT many Ford 8N/9Ns are also overpriced. Last year I sold a JD 2040 with power steering/scv/roll-gard for $4950

/ 820 Diesel Utility tractor (Mannheim)
I'm going to look and drive it today. I wouldn't give $4500 for it, probably offer $3500 and go from there. I'll post pictures. I'm not wanting it for much work, mainly clean it up and take to shows. It would be a handy tractor for pulling my welding trailer around the pasture. I'm still looking for a 4020, trying to find one fairly local. Have several people in our tractor club looking.

/ 820 Diesel Utility tractor (Mannheim)
Went and drove the tractor. Loose tie rod ends, gauges and tach broken, hand throttle frozen but foot accelerator works. Engine sounds good but three point won't move at idle, moves when you rev the engine. Think I'll pass on this one.