72 John Derre 820 3 cyl

/ 72 John Derre 820 3 cyl #1  

jww1960

Tractor
john deere 820
Tractor sat 10 years, changed all filters, fluids, lubricants, new battery she fired right up. Put about 12 hours on it and was topping out a weedy pasture and she went sluggish...then quit. after sitting a few minutes will start and run about 10 seconds and quit. I have 12 v to solenoid. fuel to the injectors, the return line out the pump is pushing fuel out, blew that line out back to the tank... took the timing cover off its clean inside passing fuelwhat the heck am I missing folks...standyne pump looks like 87...HELP

/ 72 John Derre 820 3 cyl #3  
Welcome to TBN
Is fuel tank venting? Do you have good fuel flow from tank to inj pump? If bleed valve on fuel filter or inj pump is opened will transfer pump on side of engine pump fuel out of bleeder when manual handle is moved up/down? When moving handle on transfer pump is resistance felt? If no resistance felt turn engine camshaft a few degrees.

/ 72 John Derre 820 3 cyl
Welcome to TBN
Is fuel tank venting? Do you have good fuel flow from tank to inj pump? If bleed valve on fuel filter or inj pump is opened will transfer pump on side of engine pump fuel out of bleeder when manual handle is moved up/down? When moving handle on transfer pump is resistance felt? If no resistance felt turn engine camshaft a

/ 72 John Derre 820 3 cyl
thx, it was clogged just enough in the 2 fittings to shut her down, I had no clue how much was supposed to go back thru the return into tank, now I know...shes running like a top. thx much friend.