6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H?

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
Unit weighs #5000 and with 48Hp, would a 7’ be possible?

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #2  
TYM's web site nor tractor data.com show a model TYM 4820.

What tractor do you have? Enter your tractor make and model into your TBN PROFILE correctly.
Appears to be a Branson TYM 4820H.

Open station is ~3800lbs so it must be cabbed.

3 POINT HITCH

3 Point HitchCAT I
Lift capacity at lift link ends3,306 lbs (1,500 kg)
3Point Hitch Lift Capacity @24″ behind lift point2,425 lbs (1,100 kg)

Last edited:
   / 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #4  
Either blade will require proper control. Take too deep a cut - the weight of the dirt and the required traction will, likely, stop your tractor. All being equal - you should be able to take a deeper cut with a six foot blade and, obviously, a wider cut with a seven foot blade.

What does your owners manual recommend.

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #5  
agree w/above post. OP: whatever blade you purchase, consider a hyd top link if you have the rear remote.
being able to fine tune soil engagement tools is very helpful & can avoid frustrating multiple passes. prob safer too since you adjust engagement setting whilst on tractor... good luck

having loaded rears helps too. assume you have Fel for ft ballast? personally i'd go w/a HD 6' blade given your weight/hp ratio

Last edited:
   / 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H?
TYM's web site nor tractor data.com show a model TYM 4820.

What tractor do you have? Enter your tractor make and model into your TBN PROFILE correctly.
TYM 4820H.
The unit weighs #5000 with loader.

Attachments

• C479D165-89D9-4F26-9EBF-694891323710.png
    C479D165-89D9-4F26-9EBF-694891323710.png
    822.2 KB · Views: 46
agree w/above post. OP: whatever blade you purchase, consider a hyd top link if you have the rear remote.
being able to fine tune soil engagement tools is very helpful & can avoid frustrating multiple passes. prob safer too since you adjust engagement setting whilst on tractor... good luck

having loaded rears helps too. assume you have Fel for ft ballast? personally i'd go w/a HD 6' blade given your weight/hp ratio
HYD top link is the first addition

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #9  
I've had a hydraulic top link for eight years now. Kick myself for not getting it when I bought the tractor. Big Bubba is dead nut on......

The hydraulic top link helps with everything. From hooking up the implement to making those finite adjustments while still sitting on your tractor and motating.

Either blade will require proper control. Take too deep a cut - the weight of the dirt and the required traction will, likely, stop your tractor. All being equal - you should be able to take a deeper cut with a six foot blade and, obviously, a wider cut with a seven foot blade.

What does your owners manual recommend.
The owners manual says nothing about what implements would be appropriately sized. I suppose to be on the front of the power curve, 6’ would be best. It will cover the tractors tracks, and allow for more capability.