'58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price?

/ '58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price? #1  

Nick Danger

Tractor
58 560 D
Been using my neighbor's kubota utility tractor and am quickly falling in love with it....

toying around with replacing 560 and am looking for a price for rural MN...

I probably put 10-15 hrs on it in a year...this is what's been done in the last 10? Years...

Brand new 38" rear tires and rims
New clutch assy
New T/A
New brakes
New tank heater and heater hoses
Rebuilt injection pump
Rebuilt injectors
New Optima batteries
New gauges
New starter button

Tractor has cab
Schwartz loader with 6' snow bucket
Aftermarket 3 pt

/ '58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price? #2  
   / '58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price?
Download Steffes Price guide and search for a 560. It will show you some recent sales and the price they sold for.

well, they ranged from $1200 - $7500..

good news is they're all from IA with one from SD

all stripped, IE one had a trip bucket loader and one had a heat Hauser...

as usual, it's what the current market will bear...

thanks again!

/ '58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price? #5  
Probably about 1/2 of what you have in it not counting the original purchase price.

/ '58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price? #7  
it will be the worst nightmare of your life!! LOL!! them 560 diesels are junk!--hardest thing in the world to start---hot or cold! ---fair price,--$500 for parts tractor. Now if it were a gas moror--then that ups the value a lot!

/ '58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price? #8  
it will be the worst nightmare of your life!! LOL!! them 560 diesels are junk!--hardest thing in the world to start---hot or cold! ---fair price,--$500 for parts tractor. Now if it were a gas moror--then that ups the value a lot!
Not where I live, diesels always bring more than gas, yes even in the 560's... Even though I'm not sure what a gas moror is? lol

SR

/ '58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price? #9  
A healthy D-282 will start just fine with 6 working glow plugs. Without that they won't. 60 years later some folks still don't understand.

/ '58 Farmall 560 diesel...what's a good asking price?
I had a gas prior to my diesel...that thing sucked 6 gal hr idling...I run the diesel just to save even more money...

I've had this tractor for over 20 years. It'll start everytime down to 20 degrees without being plugged in. Below 20 I plug it in...-10 or -20? always started...but here's the deal...

I take care of it, ensuring fresh fuel in a clean fuel system and operating glowplugs. 2 800 CCA Optima batteries on a desulfator trickle charger...never a doubt...

You gotta be ahead of the game when it comes to engines and equipment...I always laugh when winter hits and there are those scrambling to buy a snow shovel, start their snowblower for the first time or looking for a battery for their equipment because it failed to start...know your equipment and know your environment...it's not rocket science...