5740C Hydraulic Fluid

/ 5740C Hydraulic Fluid #1  

jc7622

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana 5740C
I've misplace my owner's manual. Whaere do I check and fill the hydraulic fluid on my 5740C?

Is it the dipstick on the back end above the PTO shaft and the fill cap on the left side of the engine compartment sticking out under the hood?

/ 5740C Hydraulic Fluid #2  
jc7622

The dip stick on the back of your tractor by the PTO is where you should be able to check the hydraulic oil level. If your owners manual is as bad is mine is, good luck with trying to figure it out or read it. Has Montana put out new owners manuals yet that are user friendly?

/ 5740C Hydraulic Fluid #3  
Hi jc7622,
The dip stick is the one on the rear end above the PTO. The fill tube you are talking about is for engine oil. Look above the cover of the PTO and see the tube that has a rubber plug with vent hose attached. Just pull out the plug and that is where you add hyd. oil. Let me tell you a secret though. Take out the dip stick when adding oil so it can breath. If not the oil will spit back at you at the fill tube as it needs to expell air from the rear. I just did my oil change of the rear and final drives either side of the rear. Hope this helps you along.

Jim T.

/ 5740C Hydraulic Fluid #4  
How much hydraulic oil does it take to change?

/ 5740C Hydraulic Fluid #5  
jc7622

The dip stick on the back of your tractor by the PTO is where you should be able to check the hydraulic oil level. If your owners manual is as bad is mine is, good luck with trying to figure it out or read it. Has Montana put out new owners manuals yet that are user friendly?
JC do you still have your Montana tractor?
If yes,where do you get support/parts for your tractor?