550 XP documentation

/ 550 XP documentation #1  

R134a

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
Does anyone have a disassembly guide they would like to share ? I want a heads up before the time comes for surgery. Thanks in advance.

/ 550 XP documentation #3  
Does anyone have a disassembly guide they would like to share ? I want a heads up before the time comes for surgery. Thanks in advance.
Have you used your 550XP much? How do you like it? I've had mine for a number of years and other than diagnosing a faulty spark plug that was causing me fits, it's been great for my yearly firewood cutting. My only gripe is that it seems to be a real miser on throwing bar oil. I cut a lot of standing dry oak and my bar turns purple pretty quick, even with the oil turned to max.

/ 550 XP documentation
Replies to above...
Thanks for the WM link. My 550 is from 2014. It still works 100% for now. A little monster. I have heard some things I don't like, one of which is crank bearing failure on the chain side. I'm sure that plastic bearing will fail when I need it most. I will look at the WM to start a list of parts & special tools needed for the job.

I can go months without using the saw and then saw for days at a time. Hurricane Michael got me disgusted. Enough down trees for the next 200 years. I gave up.

The oiler is set so you should run out of fuel before chain oil. Your chain is dull and/or the oiler is clogged. I run full chisel chain on oak and I touch it up after each tank of gas. Should throw chips not powder.