3 point jumps

/ 3 point jumps #1  

billlin

Tractor
satoh 650 & IH cub
satoh S-650G, under load or with out load, my 3-point jumps instead of operating smoothly. Fluid is toped up and clean with screen cleaned recently there is no noise in the pump and I have tried all three settings. When I had fender off to paint 3 point may have been over extended or run up to high. Any ideas? Bill

/ 3 point jumps #2  
Not going to help you... but we have a Satoh S-650G that my parents got used in the 1970s. Ours ALWAYS "hops/jumps" under load. It has gotten worse and is one of the reasons for me not fixing the tractor. Did you ever find a solution?

/ 3 point jumps #3  
It could be the lift cylinder is leaking & when it it gets low enough it lifts.

/ 3 point jumps #4  
I have zero experience with your brand of tractor, but I've seen this happen in others when the pressure relief (aka safety) valve in the pump is defective. It's popping open way before it's designed to. Again, no clue whether this applies to your Satoh, but it's something that I would check.

/ 3 point jumps #5  
Surely - after almost twenty years - something has happened. I had the same problem on my 1982 Ford 1700. It was entrapped air in the hydraulic system. It came on right after I did a hydraulic oil change.

With the rear blade on the 3-point - lift/lower the blade about 30 to 40 times. Smooth as silk after that.