2940 transmission pressure switch

/ 2940 transmission pressure switch #1  

msg

Tractor
jd 2440
hey guys. i have a light on my dash for transmission pressure that wont go out. we keep the filters changed, level full. everything works including hi-lo. steering, brakes, loader. pto. no unusual noise from pump. where is the switch for that light? we did fix a small leak under the pto knob and there was one switch there. that was a while ago. light just now came on. thanks for any help. mark g.

/ 2940 transmission pressure switch #2  
Check the wire to the sensor.
Had same problem with my Massey for years and it was just a wire in the harness that got crushed under my seat suspension. Fixed wire and no more light.

/ 2940 transmission pressure switch
thanks, i have checked that but maybe i missed something.

/ 2940 transmission pressure switch #4  

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-25 090746.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-25 090746.png
    139 KB · Views: 141
   / 2940 transmission pressure switch #5  
Pray it is the sender. Those tractors can be an hydraulic train wreck. I hope you don't find out what I mean.

thanks for the reply. the cover under foot is the one we recently had out, had an oil leak their. will check to make sure we installed correctly. will also check again the screen pickup. btw this tractor has 15000 hrs and never had the engine down. several alternators, starters, 2 water pumps. original lift pump just started leaking. original injection pump. been a good tractor. we bought it new in 1979 from bigon implement, now ag pro. in taylor tx.

/ 2940 transmission pressure switch #8  
Remove cover at gearlevers.
Then you will see infront of shiftercover there is a swith. You will have to remove the cover to remove that swith . Check if the contact inside is still the shape is was when installed !

Last edited:
thanks for all replys. ill post when i find out the problem. only see this tractor on the weekend.

/ 2940 transmission pressure switch #10  
hey guys. i have a light on my dash for transmission pressure that wont go out. we keep the filters changed, level full. everything works including hi-lo. steering, brakes, loader. pto. no unusual noise from pump. where is the switch for that light? we did fix a small leak under the pto knob and there was one switch there. that was a while ago. light just now came on. thanks for any help. mark g.
had the same problem on my 1640. Turns out the O'Rings and square gasket under the PTO control valve were leaking