2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #32  
Howdy Neighbor.. I'm in Newfield... Abbott's is where I purchased the Tractor and where it has been for a month now while we tried to find the pump!, ...Dave Abbott sourced the pump that's now on its way!!
👍

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed
After 4 long months my pump finally arrived at dealer and I am back in the saddle again! Lots to do before we are buried in the white stuff. Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions. I'm going with "All's Well That Ends Well!".. DSCN2588.JPGDSCN2593.JPG

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #34  
   / 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #35  
After 4 long months my pump finally arrived at dealer and I am back in the saddle again! Lots to do before we are buried in the white stuff. Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions. I'm going with "All's Well That Ends Well!"..View attachment 769782View attachment 769783
I assume tractor was out of warrantee, thus you ate the repair cost?

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed
I assume tractor was out of warrantee, thus you ate the repair cost?
Your out of warranty assumption is correct, and the pump... as it's bolted to the exterior of the engine would not have been covered.

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #38  
If you ever have that problem again, you can buy a universal PTO-driven hydraulic pump and plumb it in so you can use the tractor while you wait for the OEM pump to arrive. Get the kind of PTO pump that allows for a through shaft and you can also use normal PTO-driven implements with the pump there too.

rScotty

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #39  
Your out of warranty assumption is correct, and the pump... as it's bolted to the exterior of the engine would not have been covered
jeesh. I sure hope you don’t have any more issues