24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle?

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #31  
I would like to know too. My dealer suggested I use 91 octane gas to get the surging out and it did.

Dealer is avoiding the problem....mowers are designed to run on 87 octane, if its surging then it need a carb adjustment. Changing fuel octane is just band aiding the problem.

Sometimes gas stations have a little too much water in their fuel-try a different gas station-but again your engine should be able to run on 87 octane without surging.

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #32  
I have had some surging issues over the last 10 years and every time a healthy dose of Seafoam and Lucas injector cleaner cleared it up. I bought a used Honda 3000i generator for about half price because it had sat for 3 years and surged. I picked up some Seafoam and Lucas on way home and had it running smoothly is less than 30 minutes.

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #33  
I wonder if the fuel filter could be suspect too. I remember when adding a little ATF added to a tank was all it took to clean injectors once a year.

I'd sure like to hear more about adding the ATF. Could you share the details with us please?

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #34  
Usually if an engine is surging, it is starving for fuel and the governor opens, then relaxes the throttle. Probably a dirty/partially plugged carb jet. Run it about half throttle and spray some good carb cleaner through it.

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #35  
Here in Wisconsin 91 octane is ethanol free old fashioned gasoline. It's all I run in carbed small engines and no longer have any additives or small engine carb problems. When I buy it I put the first gallon in vehicle to purge ethanol from gas hose at pump. Has worked great for me for mower, chainsaws and snowmobiles.